Alpha release of new OWF8 available

Rob Antonucci

Jan 18, 2013, 10:08:59 PM1/18/13
to ozoneplatfo...@googlegroups.com

OWF has started its 6 month refactoring effort and will be putting out alpha releases every two weeks.

OWF has completed its first sprint, and though the sprint was focused on build and test infrastructure rather than noticeable functionality, we decided to release a distribution so that users can see the form our refactored OWF will take.  The alpha release is available at https://s3.amazonaws.com/org.ozoneplatform/OWF/8.0.0-ALPHA-SPRINT0/OWF-8.0.0-ALPHA-SPRINT0.zip.

This release contains an Apache Tomcat which runs the Ozone kernel, and you will be able to launch a console that gives you an administrator’s view into the modular pieces that will be running to support OWF, but OWF functionality is currently stubbed out.  We hope that the first examples of OWF functionality will be available in our next alpha release.

The source code for OWF8 has not yet been made available on Git Hub as we have not yet finalized the structure of our Git repository.  We also hope that the full source code will be available in our next alpha release.

Robert Antonucci

Ozone Widget Framework