Festival of the Winds (September)

James Zaki

May 15, 2016, 8:00:31 PM5/15/16
to OzBerry
In September there is Festival of the Winds, and we have the opportunity to demonstrate some interesting wind related projects to the general public.

As per the Maker Faire thread, please share some wind related projects or ideas here.

One idea we had was to build mobile wind-powered phone chargers. Looking forward to hearing your ideas
Will try organise a brainstorming session before the next OzBerry MeetUp mid-June.

Cheers,

Wayne Peacock

Jul 30, 2016, 10:56:28 PM7/30/16
to OzBerry

Hi All,

Well this is the first prototype of a DIY Anemometer with basic pulse counter and display. It does work, but one massive failure is you can't read the display in full sunlight! The next version will have a ESP8266 web server embedded inside issuing counts and speed (un-calibrated) onto a smart phone for the day.

Enjoy

Wayne

James Zaki

Aug 21, 2016, 10:25:30 PM8/21/16
to OzBerry
Hey all,

This is on in a few weeks, and the build of the turbine(s) will begin this week.
Please let me know if you're able/willing to help with the build, or on the day (2ppl at the stand)

Date: Sunday 11th Sept. 11am - 4pm

Wayne, I'm guessing you're in with the DIY Anemometer? Are you available on the day or part there of?

See you all at the next meetup on 4th Sept :)