New OzBerry Meetup @ Chatswood Library

Grant Page

Jun 16, 2019, 12:39:40 AM6/16/19
to OzBerry
The OzBerry Meetup at Chatswood was good last week, however I look to the organisers to advise or comment on a few factors that in my opinion, should be taken into consideration.

Not all tables had power handy?

Was / Is the room size going to be big enough for future meetings?

In the future are components and tools going to be available for 'Makers' at Chatswood Library, also other peripherals, like monitors, which a few people in what I see at Sydney University ThinkSpace have asked to borrow?

There are only so many hours in a day, freelance production time is precious, I will think of more questions or offer a point of view after these issues have been commented on by the powers that be.

Thank you for your time and dedication.

Regards Grant - vk2fgwp

James Zaki

Jun 16, 2019, 8:12:33 PM6/16/19
to OzBerry
Hey Grant, thanks for coming along to the OzBerry meetup at Chatswood Library's new "creator space".
Given it was a first for them, I'm sure they would appreciate our feedback. As per your points...

Power - Agreed. More accessible power required at each desk, will follow up with them for next time.
Room - The creator space was the large room next to the one we were in, but for that week it was still in use for vivid (now concluded).
Tools etc - I had a chat with them after Thu's meetup, and it is something we can work with them in establishing/developing. They certainly appreciate that a creator space will need more tools to create things.

The Creators space has room to grow, and OzBerry gathering there can collectively help with that.
It was great to see everyone there working and talking about their projects, and helping each other out with different perspectives.

James
PS. I sent a link to the new discord chat that we're trying out, let me know what you think.