EMM Consulting - Expressions of Interest – Casual and short-term contracts, Archaeologist/s

Tyler Beebe

Mar 1, 2022, 8:43:49 PM3/1/22
to OzArch

Expressions of Interest – Casual and short-term contracts, Archaeologist/s

Due to our strong upcoming workload, we currently have opportunities for qualified and experienced archaeologists to join us on a casual or short-term contract basis on projects throughout NSW, including Sydney and Regional NSW.

The successful candidates will be able to confidently demonstrate the following:

  • completion of a degree in archaeology or a related discipline (an honours degree majoring in archaeology would be highly regarded);
  • high level of oral communication skills;
  • experience undertaking fieldwork including monitoring work and excavations;
  • be able to show initiative and be proactive;
  • have a strong work ethic and positive will do attitude;
  • have a current/valid unrestricted NSW driver’s licence (for regional fieldwork);
  • the ability to be an enthusiastic team player; and
  • aligns with EMM’s culture, values and vision.

Key selection criteria include:

  • preference will be given to candidates with a Rail Industry Worker (RIW) card;
  • minimum of 2 years archaeological consulting or industry/sector experience;
  • experience across both historical and Aboriginal heritage survey, excavation and monitoring; and
  • good interpersonal skills including the ability to liaise with the team, clients and relevant stakeholders.

EMM offers you an opportunity to work with passionate professionals in an environment with a very positive and inclusive culture. We are highly committed to our staff, clients and the community.

If you meet the requirements of this position and wish to be considered for a casual or short-term contract position with EMM please submit your application via email to car...@emmconsulting.com.au. Please quote reference “Heritage NSW 0222“. To have your application considered it must include a tailored covering letter, indicating your availability to commence employment and addressing the required key criteria, and a full professional CV.

Please clearly state in your covering letter if you are available for an immediate or future start.

EMM is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from people with different backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, people from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds and people with disabilities.

  • Only those with a legal right to work in Australia will be considered.
  • Unsolicited resumes from recruitment consultants will not be accepted.