[Sydney] August Lightning Talks

1 view

Richard Banks

Jul 28, 2009, 9:37:53 PM7/28/09
to ozalt...@googlegroups.com

After a good, thought provoking night last night with the talk on M and Oslo and DSL goodness (thanks Justin) we’re changing things around for the next meeting and doing another round of lightning talks.

We had a lot of fun doing this last time and saw a wide range of subjects covered as well as getting some people through their first public presentations.

So, I need some presenters - if that’s you then drop me a line with your session idea.

A few rules

1.       Duration: 10 minutes or less.

2.       Subject: Anything as long as it’s interesting (and probably dev related)

3.       Experience: No previous presentation experience required

4.       Attitude: Have fun!  Grumpy bastards not allowed

I’ll finalise the list in a few weeks so that people have time to prep.

Regards,

Richard Banks
CSM | CSP | http://richardsbraindump.blogspot.com | http://twitter.com/rbanks54

Dave Newman

Jul 28, 2009, 9:48:15 PM7/28/09
to ozalt...@googlegroups.com

4.       Attitude: Have fun!  Grumpy bastards not allowed

So Scott Bellware can't present? : )   This might rule me out as well

Dave Newman | @whatupdave | http://snappyco.de

Heinrich Breedt

Jul 28, 2009, 9:54:20 PM7/28/09
to ozalt...@googlegroups.com
lol, doesnt that exclude all programmers by definition?
--
Heinrich Breedt

“Do not wait to strike till the iron is hot; but make it hot by striking.” - William B. Sprague

Richard Banks

Jul 28, 2009, 9:57:27 PM7/28/09
to ozalt...@googlegroups.com

I was waiting for that response :-)  Thanks for not letting me down!

Tiang Cheng

Jul 28, 2009, 9:57:24 PM7/28/09
to ozalt...@googlegroups.com

Only perl programmers.

Feel free to ask me why. :P

*I wish I had a .Net job*.

Jul 28, 2009, 10:58:42 PM7/28/09
to ozalt...@googlegroups.com, ozalt...@googlegroups.com
Grumpy people keep other people from going off on tangents.

Tariq

Michael Ridland

Jul 28, 2009, 11:02:30 PM7/28/09
to ozalt...@googlegroups.com
Grumpy uninspiring developers make a work place a terrible place to
be. (Especially when their senior)

Richard Banks

Jul 28, 2009, 11:27:08 PM7/28/09
to ozalt...@googlegroups.com

You can do the same with a laugh and a smile.  You just need to guts to speak up when it’s happening. :-)

Colin Scott

Jul 28, 2009, 11:39:05 PM7/28/09
to ozalt...@googlegroups.com
I'd prefer grumpy to uninspired. "Microsoft Only" shops are no fun at all.
There are smart people in places other than Redmond.

Dave Newman

Jul 28, 2009, 11:57:20 PM7/28/09
to ozalt...@googlegroups.com
I'd prefer grumpy to uninspired. "Microsoft Only" shops are no fun at all.
There are smart people in places other than Redmond.

Blasphemy! Lucky we don't live in Ireland.....
http://thelede.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/07/24/ireland-outlaws-blasphemy/