Meetings this term

Nicolas Wu

Oct 12, 2011, 11:15:39 AM10/12/11
to ox...@googlegroups.com
Dear OxHuggers,

Term time has quickly crept up on us!

I'd like to announce this group to the students by the end of the
week, but before that, I thought it would be a good idea to try and
set a regular day we can meet each week during term: meetings will
take place in the evenings at 7pm.

Roughly speaking, I hope we'll meet regularly to share in our
functional hackery, and to discuss whatever might seem appropriate to
a Haskell users group. Since we don't have a fixed agenda, I suggest
that the norm is that we meet in a pub, unless it turns out that we're
doing some sort of presentation and/or need whiteboards. I'd prefer it
if we could meet on Mondays or Tuesdays, but I've set a poll up [1] to
see if I'm in the minority (I'll take the day of the poll to be
representative of the next 7 weeks). Please vote if you're interested
in attending, or speak up if you have a better idea!

Nick

[1] http://www.doodle.com/twnxisx895ywy42h

Nicolas Wu

Oct 15, 2011, 3:51:22 PM10/15/11
to ox...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,

The vote seems to be for Mondays: so, let's meet this Monday at 7pm at
the Eagle and Child pub on St Giles street.

See you there!

Nick