Social Woodcarving/Crafting

Hugo Day

Mar 20, 2023, 8:49:56 AM3/20/23
to oxford-h...@googlegroups.com
Hello Oxford Hackspace!

It been a bit of time! Like I suspect a few out there I also took up some new hobbies over the last couple of years, one being wood carving and carpentry in general. Would anyone like to meet for some general sociable crafting in the same vein as the sewing/fabric nights of old? I'm not sure of as a suitable venue beyond my back garden the moment but I'm sure we can find something.

Cheers
Hugo

HDHansen

May 23, 2023, 4:35:12 PM5/23/23
to oxford-h...@googlegroups.com
This email passed me by two months ago.  Hope you got some positive replies.  If I were still nearby, I'd be there in a heartbeat.  Keep it going..........  ")  ...Heather

Iulian Arcus

May 24, 2023, 5:53:47 AM5/24/23
to oxford-h...@googlegroups.com
Hi Hugo,

I just finished my wood carving course at the city college and I really enjoyed it but I'm lacking the carving tools at the moment. Have you found a place to cheaply source the bare minimum tools? I was thinking I may pop into the Drayton Men's shed to continue working on projects until I get my own.

Best wishes,
Iulian

David Newman

May 24, 2023, 8:37:17 AM5/24/23
to oxford-h...@googlegroups.com
There are second hand woodworking (but not specificly carving) tools at
Orinico in Templars Square, Cowley.

David

--
David Newman