OGN44: 27th January - woah where'd the time go!

Justine Pocock

Jan 18, 2016, 6:27:15 AM1/18/16
to Oxford Geek Nights
Hello lovely geeks,

I'm not sure where the last two months have gone but it is time for the next Oxford Geek Nights!

Coming to your local friendly Jericho Tavern, Wednesday 27th January at 7:30pm

Kicking things off is  Dr. Sue Black OBE talking about her new book Saving Bletchley Park and signing books afterwards!
James Williams will be giving his talk on Distraction by Design - "What if technology could distract us less, and respect our time & attention more? What would that world look like - and how could it be built?"

Our microslots are filling up but if you'd like to give a 5 minute talk then please do get in touch. So far we have:

Martin Poulter - Wikipedia and it's battles with correct information
Dario Salvi - Internet of things

Don't forget to grab your drinks tokens from one of the Haybrook IT folks and take a read of Nick's blog post about his first time at OGN:  http://info.haybrook.co.uk/blog/oxford-geek-night-43

LAST OGN was a great laugh, if you missed it, you missed out!
The slides I have for last OGN are on the website, and the pitches we had were as follows:

Genomics are looking for several developer roles, for more information on these roles see www.genomicsplc.com
SAE Institute Oxford is a host for the Global Game Jam from 25-29 January.  Think of it as a hackathon focused on game development, where all skills and experience levels are welcome. http://globalgamejam.org/2016/jam-sites/sae-institute-oxford

If you'd like to give a 1 minute pitch about anything then get in contact.

JLCV APCR HNNY LMZA WRGB CPKQ
Justine