I hope you had a lovely bank holiday weekend?
I know it seems like barely any time has passed since the last Geek Night, but can you really have too much geek and beer? We at Torchbox think not, so I am excited to share the details of our forthcoming OGN #41.
In partnership with the Berks, Bucks, and Oxon Wildlife Trust we are having a Geek Night with a theme. The first two weeks of June are the Oxford Festival of Nature - do check out their website, some awesome stuff going on there! So they approached us to see if we'd be interested in hosting a Nature Themed Geek Night to be part of the Festival. Well why not?
Our keynote speakers on the fine evening on 10th June are:
- Richard Comont, discussing his BioBlitz App
- Bethany Palumbo, sharing her Touchable Taxidermy Exhibition
They will be followed by four micro slots provided by
- Dave Kilbey, Nature Locator
- Joe Wass, sharing his time lapse study of bee hives
- Dario Salvi, building his own Air Quality Sensor
- Andrew Lindsay, discussing the OxFloodNet and how you can help
Doors open at 7pm with our first speaker on at 8pm, so you can come along, get a seat, get a beer, and get ready.
We hope to see you there!