You`re Like A Wrecking Ball

Oxelon Newsletter

Nov 7, 2013, 3:03:08 PM11/7/13
to oxelo...@googlegroups.com

You're Like A Wrecking Ball

In the second night of live rounds, we've seen all 20 remaining artists hit the stage before they're whittled down to 12 on Thursday. Tuesday night's performances lacked the hokey choreography of Monday's show and featured singers venturing out from their comfort zones. Also, fair warning: Miley lives again in these rounds, as one artist wrecks the original version apart. The tone of the coaches' commentary was again overwhelmingly positive, and notable for a very restrained Christina who seemed buried in her notebook most of the show. Carson read a fan's inquiry regarding the contents of her tome, to which she responded that it contains "a lot of stuff, a lot of thoughts." Well, we'd like t...

Taylor Swift, Tim McGraw, Keith Urban

Swift tied Florida Georgia Line with two trophies after her "Highway Don't Care" collaboration with Tim McGraw and Keith Urban won musical event and music video of the year before the show began. Lee Brice's "I'd Drive Your Truck," about a fallen soldier whose father still drives his truck, won song of the year. Swift later performed a somber, acoustic version of her hit "Red" with Vince Gill, Alison Krauss and Sam Bush. And Jason Mraz joined Hunter Hayes for a stroll around Bridgestone Arena while performing "Everybody's Got Sombody But Me." Swift is nominated for her third entertainer of the year award, the night's top honor. She also is still up for album of the year and f...

Random Acts of Kindness / One woman helps another when happy to haul a door

Recently, I was in Construction Junction in North Point Breeze, where I delightedly found a great bargain on a used door for my son's remodeling. While standing in line I chatted with two other women. We all seemed to be on missions to help our sons with projects. I mentioned that Construction Junction will kindly "hold" an item for seven days for only $5, and I was so pleased about it because we couldn't get a truck to haul the door for several more days. "R" asked where my son lived, and I replied in Squirrel Hill. "R" said that she knew Squirrel Hill, that she had her son's van and that she would gladly deliver the door if I would just lead the way.

Jennifer Aniston Chops Her Hair Into Short Bob After Brazilian Blowout Snafu (PHOTO)

Jennifer Aniston has gone and done it again: She chopped off her hair into a short, chic bob and shocked us all. On Monday, Nov. 4, Aniston debuted her new short hair while out in Beverly Hills, according to X17Online.com, which obtained exclusive ...

Heading to City Hall, Bill de Blasio Is Used to Exceeding Expectations

Now, as Mr. de Blasio, 52, prepares to become chief executive of one of the world's largest cities, he will have a far grander stage on which to test the decidedly liberal worldview that has been the hallmark of his career. Bill de Blasio was born on ...

Taylor Swift takes home Pinnacle Award

CMA Awards 2013: Show highlights. A group of country music's elite came on stage to present the honor to Swift, including George Strait, Rascal Flatts, Tim McGraw and Faith Hill, Keith Urban and Brad Paisley -- all of whom gave Swift a chance to open ...

Jennifer Lawrence Debuts Short Hairdo, Is Now Sporting A Pixie Cut

... Lawrence Hairdo, Jennifer Lawrence Photos, Jennifer Lawrence Pictures, Jennifer Lawrence Pixie Cut, Jennifer Lawrence Short Hair, Jennifer Lawrence Short Hairdo, Entertainment News. Jennifer Lawrence is the latest star to cut off her famous locks.

Gain Fitness raises a little financial muscle to grow your actual muscles

Gain Fitness has raised $2.14 million to make your body even more glorious using its library of fitness apps. Founder and CEO Nick Gammell also told VentureBeat that Gain's app surpassed 1 million downloads and the company has some interesting new ...

Vulkan the Krusader's V For Vendetta-Inspired "Wild Horses"

His first three releases form a series titled The Rebirth Trilogy and recurring references to Japanese anime shows and V For Vendetta pepper his music. One of those is "Wild Horses," a loosie that has been safely locked in the vault since 2011 and was ...

Out of Hurricane Sandy Devastation, Free Photographic Book Combines Art With Generosity

"The Concord Free Press is a counter approach to the way every aspect of the mainstream book industry is monetized," Stona Fitch, founder of the project, told Truthout. "Our publishing model is focused on generosity. In fact, if generosity had a ...

Marriage happiness is all about who calms down first during arguments

But, say researchers from the University of California Berkeley and Northwestern University, the happiness of a marriage may depend in part on who makes the first conciliatory move to lower the emotional temperature. The scientists analyzed the ...

Storing solar energy for a rainy day

comments. Storing solar energy for a rainy day. November 6, 2013: 5:00 AM ET. Lithium ion batteries aren't just for laptops and electric cars. They can power your home, too. By Brian Dumaine, senior editor-at-large. 131105170643-solar-panels-house-620xa.

Democrat McAuliffe narrowly wins Virginia governor's race

By Carrie Dann and Andrew Rafferty, NBC News. Democratic businessman Terry McAuliffe defeated Republican Ken Cuccinelli to become Virginia's next governor after a contentious race that was closer than many political watchers anticipated. With nearly ...

Google's New Chicago Home Isn't More Transit-Friendly, But It Is More Highway-Friendly

Google's New Chicago Home Isn't More Transit-Friendly, But It Is More Highway-Friendly. Eric Jaffe; Nov 06, 2013; Comments. Google's New Chicago Home Isn't More Transit-Friendly, But It Is More Reuters. Tweet; Share; Print; Email. Google is relocating ...

Sustainable energy conference in Raleigh raises concerns over expiring tax credits (Video)

Phyllis Cuttino of PEW Charitable Trust, left, asks Tom Carlson of Advanced Energy Economy, right, how long federal tax incentives for renewable-energy companies should last at the N.C. Sustainable Energy Association's Making Energy Work 2013 ...

Leaked IPCC report links climate change to global food scarcity

Last week, a source leaked a draft report, drawn up by the United Nation's Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, and due to be released next March. It's the second of three reports, following the first that came out in September this year. Among ...

Zendesk And Japanese SaaS Provider Cybozu Announce Product Integration And Marketing Deal

Cloud computing providers Zendesk and Tokyo-based Cybozu have announced a strategic partnership to integrate and market each other's products in the U.S. and Japan. The deal underscores the rapidly growing adoption of cloud computing in Japan, and ...

Cipher Prime's pill-popper, Intake, on Steam after hitting Humble Bundle

Intake has no business being as fun as it is, considering its super-simple premise. I first got a taste of Intake at GDC, during the second annual Indie Press Mixer, where I can state without shame that I had a blast popping pills to some of Cipher ...

Should You Invest in Twitter's IPO (TWTR)?

Over an hour after the opening bell, Twitter stock (NYSE: TWTR) began trading on Thursday morning at $45.10, 73 percent higher than its pricing of $26 on Wednesday night. Rao explains that IPOs are typically not priced based on a firm's "true ...

Most Students' Pants Are Too Sheer

The issue of see-through yoga pants first arose in March, when Lululemon Athletica had to recall about 17% of its yoga pants for being too sheer. Now the company is fielding new complaints about quality issues in the replacement pants, which cost $98, ...

Team Obama mum as another green energy firm went bust

Failing to heed the lessons of the Solyndra debacle, Energy Department officials kept quiet about their knowledge that a government-backed electric car charger company was sliding toward bankruptcy and putting taxpayer money at risk, the agency's chief ...

The Key to Cheap Renewable Energy? Robots

With the price of photovoltaic panels at all-time lows, what's a solar power plant operator to do to cuts costs and squeeze more electricity out of a multi billion-dollar investment? One word: Robots. Yesterday, SunPower, the Silicon Valley solar giant ...

Professional Growth Is King

They look at the company's business promise, they look for opportunities for personal growth, they look for ways to consistently learn, they look for meaningful challenges. How do you approach game development differently? What software engineering ...

Can Elon Musk's Cousin Do for Solar Power What Tesla Has Done for Cars?

When Rive set out to learn about solar power, the residential market in the US was tiny and fragmented, with most of the work done by local installers who had more affinities with plumbing and landscaping businesses than with Silicon Valley startups.

Chubby Vegetarian To Speak at the James Beard House

For lunch at Chiwawa with Flyer friend Justin Fox Burks of course we ordered the Chubby Vegetarian, a terrific taco with fried avocados that is based on a recipe from the Chubby Vegetarian blog, which Burks runs with his wife Amy Lawrence. I also got a ...

Money from the ‘establishment- wasn-t the problem

Cuccinelli had the benefit of some independent soft money as well. For example, Americans for Prosperity put in about a million dollars. The National Rifle Association spent money, as did Focus on the Family and Citizens United. The real difference in ...

Get ready for the $50 Android tablet Black Friday 2013 deal

Get ready for the $50 Android tablet Black Friday 2013 deal -- again. Summary: Specials from Walmart and Toys "R" Us list no-name 7-inch slates for cut-rate prices coming for the holiday shopping season. Will you be buying one? Sean Portnoy. By Sean ...

Microsoft VP Credits Valve With "Keeping the PC Ecosystem Strong"

"They've done a great job of keeping the PC ecosystem strong at a time where I don't mind saying that we could have been more focused on what was going on in PC gaming," he told VentureBeat. "We were probably too focused purely on console," he added ...

Profits boost for Enel Green Power

Italian renewables giant Enel Green Power (EGP) boosted revenue and profits in the first nine months of the year on the back of burgeoning capacity and power production.

Is Seattle getting less walkable?

For Seattle, just being a walkable city isn't good enough. We want to be No. 1, the most walkable city in the nation. At least that's the goal plainly stated in the Seattle Pedestrian Master Plan. But we may be falling farther behind on that lofty goal ...

Hey Congress, don't buy Twitter IPO shares

Home · Video · Business News · Markets · My Portfolio · Investing · Economy · Tech · Personal Finance · Small Business · Leadership · The Buzz · Term Sheet · Fear & Greed · Dow 30 · ETFs · Mutual Funds · Video. Twitter IPO. comments ...

My 5 Most Shameful Moments as a Mom to a Cat and a Kid

Practicing Taoist, Dragon Spirit Guide, and Chinese Reflexologist who has experienced more than nine past lives and can bend reality at will. Totally into alternative healing, but her Achilles' heel is reality TV cooking shows. As a Canadian expat, she ...

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Oxelon Newsletter.
0.gif
9.gif
logo.gif
1.gif