7 Myths About Ethics Which Will Hurt Your Business

Oxelon Newsletter

Oct 27, 2013, 3:03:07 PM10/27/13
to oxelo...@googlegroups.com

7 Myths About Ethics Which Will Hurt Your Business

Business ethics is a discipline that must be practiced every day by everyone. Ethics can't be managed. While codes of behavior do not guarantee an ethical culture, they do clarify desired behavior and articulate for employees what is expected of them. Every business has complex and diverse dilemmas which are not specifically covered in documented procedures, so employees need clear values leadership for guidance. We've never broken the law so we must be ethical. Many perfectly legal actions can still be deeply unethical. As an example, companies often realize that faulty products are slipping out, but they delay a recall, sighting that strictly legal requi...

About one-third of students met the goals

Although California students made slight gains in physical fitness this year, a report released Wednesday adds more fuel to arguments that children need to ditch the TV and video games in favor of more athletic pursuits.The report shows that fewer than one-third of students in grades 5 and 7 met physical fitness goals last year.Each year, the state tests students in six areas: aerobic capacity, abdominal strength, upper body strength, trunk strength, flexibility and body fat composition. The goal is for students to meet fitness standards in all six areas to prevent against diseases that can result from inactivity. "The simple fact is that healthy kids learn better," said Tom To...

Wild emotions are all very well, Russell Brand, but then what?

Now, as in the 1920s and 1930s, many inhabitants of most European countries agree with Brand's slogans that all politicians are crooks and democracy is a sham. Today's crisis has left Europe in a pre-revolutionary situation. Or, if that is going too far, you can at least say that Europe looks ready for radical political change. Unfortunately for Brand, who sees himself a radical leftist of some sort, apparently, the greatest beneficiary of the nihilism he promotes is the radical right.Many people are surprised that the rightwing and neo-fascist movements have benefited most from a banking crash brought by the most overpaid people on the planet. I have to confess to being shocked as we...

Denmark Is Considered The Happiest Country. You'll Never Guess Why.

The happiest countries have in common a large GDP per capita, healthy life expectancy at birth and a lack of corruption in leadership. But also essential were three things over which individual citizens have a bit more control over: A sense of social ...

Arkham Origins Review

Batman games are like pizza: even when they're not very good, they're still pretty good. Next to Arkham City, Arkham Origins is a bit of a disappointment in its lack of new ideas and use of win buttons, making it the least interesting of the trilogy ...

Savory vegetarian Mushroom Popover Pie

"The Heart of the Plate: Vegetarian Recipes for a New Generation" is a new book by renowned "Moosewood Cookbook" author Mollie Katzen. She has led the way in delicious and thoughtful vegetarian cooking for decades. This latest book is clearly stated as ...

'I'll make the Big Six refund millions of YOUR cash... or face fines,' says minister as energy companies are summoned to Downing Street over direct de...

Energy Minister Greg Barker said consumers would be 'outraged' that companies such as British Gas and EDF boost their revenues by holding on to customers' cash. Mr Barker said: 'Customers will rightly feel outraged that they signed up to direct debit ...

Tony Sella Exiting Marketing Post at Fox

The move comes after marketing chief Oren Aviv was let go at the end of the last week. Rumors quickly began to spread that Sella would also be leaving. Fox recently named Paul Hanneman and Tomas Jegeus as presidents of Worldwide Theatrical ...

7.1-magnitude earthquake rocks Japan, triggers small tsunamis

TOKYO An earthquake of magnitude 7.1 struck early Saturday off Japan's east coast, the U.S. Geological Survey said, triggering small tsunamis but causing no apparent damage. Japan's meteorological agency said the quake was an aftershock of the ...

James Taylor flubs national anthem at World Series Game 2�

Veteran singer James Taylor flubbed the beginning of the national anthem Thursday night when he sang at Game 2 of the World Series at Boston's Fenway Park. The "Sweet Baby James" singer, 65, began singing the words to "America the Beautiful" before ...

Edawn The Esoteric

You may have seen Edawn on our recent edition of Heatseekers, but if not, we're introducing you to the talented singer with her song "Partial." In the singer's own words, "'Partial' was originally a poem I wrote. Partial is sensual novelty. This track ...

Why we loaned out Wisdom

A loan move to Championship side Derby County was an ideal opportunity for defender Andre Wisdom to maintain his match experience, according to Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers. The 20-year-old's temporary switch was announced earlier this week ...

Lost season testing patience

How long does he have left to do that? It's hard to say. It could be a week, it could be nine weeks. The Glazers have always been very patient, but this season is fast becoming the biggest test of everyone's patience, perhaps even theirs. rcum...@tampatrib.com (813) 259-7979...

Sam Bailey 'sang better than Celine Dion'

Before she took to the stage to sing My Heart Will Go On, by Celine Dion, a video clip showed the 36-year-old telling how she performed on a cruise ship when she was 21 and had to sing the song to guests as a violent storm raged outside. She said it ...

Julianne Hough shocks with blackface Halloween costume

Sadly, this is a difficult question for some. The latest celebrity to guess incorrectly is former Dancing With the Stars pro Julianne Hough, who was photographed at a Halloween party in dark makeup and a prison jumpsuit, impersonating the character ...

Religious Symbols And Their Significance

Religious symbols are a way to unite members of a common faith tradition, and to indicate to others the religious tradition they represent. Though most religions have a number of symbols that represent them, this roundup illustrates some of the most ...

How To Tell If You-re In A Cloud-Friendly Industry

The benefits of an industry cloud strategy are clear. But are there certain industries that are more cloud friendly? To answer this question, we analyzed industries using a framework that ranks each one based on eight factors that speed up cloud ...

New Ilchi Lee Book Inspires Personal Growth in 'Change

New York Times Bestselling author and meditation expert, Ilchi Lee, is marking this time of seasonal change with the launch of a new book. October 1, 2013, will begin with the official release of Change: Realizing Your Greatest Potential. Change was ...

Steen launches Ergonomic Guitar line

Guitars like Gibson's iconic Flying V, just about any BC Rich model, or Bob Wiley's Ministar travel guitars may well stand out in any crowd, but they're not exactly built for comfort. Guitar maker Shawn Steen has spent the last two years tweaking and ...

Arizona Utility Tries Storing Solar Energy for Use in the Dark

When it snowed in Flagstaff, Ariz., recently, thousands of people woke up and turned up their electric heating, and Arizona Public Service saw electricity demand reach a morning peak. To meet the demand, the company used the previous afternoon's ...

Don't turn the clocks back if traveling to these states

Domestic travel · Daylight Saving Time 2013 · Daylight Savings Time 2013. Daylight saving time is back! But why do we do it exactly? We'. Play. Daylight saving time is back! But why do we do it exactly? We've all heard different explanations, so ...

The Best Yoga Poses For Digestion

By Min-Ja Lee. It's easy to overindulge, and feel bloated and puffy after a big meal. The main cause? Not-so-savory reasons like gas and acid reflux. Instead of popping a Tums and flopping back on the couch, think about trying a natural cure for ...

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Oxelon Newsletter.
0.gif
9.gif
logo.gif
1.gif