Religion Services and Announcements

Oxelon Newsletter

Oct 28, 2013, 3:03:07 PM10/28/13
to oxelo...@googlegroups.com

Religion Services and Announcements

This weekly event is sponsored by the Flagstaff Vipassana Sangha which is a group of people that explore Buddhist meditation practices and teachings mostly from the Theravada tradition. Following the regular meeting, there is an optional discussion. flagstaffvipassana.weebly.com. The Tibetan Center, Katog Jampel Sungling, 2708 N. Fourth St. 814-9851.San Francisco de Asis Catholic School: Visit our school for the following events: Evergreen wreath sale by the 8th grade class to fund their trip to Catalina Island and the Long Beach Marine Institute. Book Fair in the gym Oct. 21-25. Veterans Recognition Day, Nov. 8. Annual Christmas Bazaar, Nov. 16. 320 N. Humphreys St. 779-1341.B...

The Delaware is an economic and ecological treasure

The ecological value of the Delaware River system is well-known. Less well-known is its economic value. An analysis by the University of Delaware concludes the Delaware Basin is an economic engine that (1) contributes more than $20 billion in annual ...

Google dresses up for woman behind costumes from Hedren to Hepburn

Edith Head, the subject of today's Google Doodle, still holds the record for most Oscar wins by an individual woman: eight, all for her costume designs. Most of these wins came in the early 50s, including two for Audrey Hepburn movies, Roman Holiday ...

Olivia Wilde Pregnant — She & Jason Sudeikis Expecting First Child

Reps for the couple confirmed on Oct. 27 that Olivia is pregnant with what will be their first child. Congratulations! Olivia Wilde, 29, and Jason Sudeikis, 38, are officially starting a family! Olivia is officially pregnant and the couple is looking ...

A vegetarian Halloween supper

This Halloween I've made a three course dinner for four people on a student budget. The ingredients are seasonal, cheap and vegetarian. Beetroot "bat wing" soup, "petrifying" pumpkin risotto with roasted pumpkin seeds, and "pickled brains", also known ...

Tony Sella Exiting Marketing Post at Fox

... the last week. Rumors quickly began to spread that Sella would also be leaving. Fox recently named Paul Hanneman and Tomas Jegeus as presidents of Worldwide Theatrical Marketing & Distribution, who came from the international side of the business.

Edawn The Esoteric

You may have seen Edawn on our recent edition of Heatseekers, but if not, we're introducing you to the talented singer with her song "Partial." In the singer's own words, "'Partial' was originally a poem I wrote. Partial is sensual novelty. This track ...

Denmark Is Considered The Happiest Country. You'll Never Guess Why.

The happiest countries have in common a large GDP per capita, healthy life expectancy at birth and a lack of corruption in leadership. But also essential were three things over which individual citizens have a bit more control over: A sense of social ...

Should We Ditch Cash for Good?

The disadvantages of cash won't be missed -- and there are plenty of them. It's vulnerable to theft. People lose it. It's difficult to move around in large quantities or over distance. It's ideal for anyone who wants to launder money or evade taxes ...

Aaron Rodgers makes Minnesota-s night miserable in 44-31 win

Aaron Rodgers was a perfect 10 for 10 throwing on third down against Minnesota Sunday night. (Jim Mone/AP). When Aaron Rodgers performs at his absolute best, his game is less domination than it is teasing and taunting Green Bay's opponents until their ...

Janelle Monae Electrifies 'SNL'

Miley Cyrus might have tried to steal the show with her twerking return on Saturday Night Live last night, but Janelle Monae made her Studio 8-H debut with some serious moves of her own. The singer delivered a high-energy burst of retro soul-pop in the ...

Australia and Solar Energy Development

I actually really like Melbourne. There, I said it. And yes I was born in Sydney. Every time I go to Melbourne I always, without fail, find something new, creative and fascinating. From its quirky street art, to its staggering array of hidden lane way ...

British Gas rakes in £20m profit from overestimated bills, says whistleblower

Energy giant British Gas is siphoning off millions of pounds of extra profits annually by keeping hold of money owed to former customers who have built up credit on their accounts. A whistleblower has told the Observer that £20m-worth of "credit ...

"The Yoga Play" Review

While last week's episode felt like it finally got Carrie back on track this season with the reveal that she and Saul have been playing the long con, tonight's Homeland, "The Yoga Play," was mired once again in its share of storytelling distractions ...

Stanford compassion and altruism research

We can be healthier, live longer, and make the world a better place by exploring our potential for compassionate behavior, according to neurosurgeon James Doty, founder and director of the Center for Compassion and Altruism Research and Education, part ...

Otter signals Lake Merritt ecosystem's comeback

Greg Lewis had just finished his evening row on Oakland's Lake Merritt when he saw a slick, squirmy, furry bundle hoist itself out of the water and onto the edge of the dock. It was a river otter, the first one spotted in Lake Merritt in decades. "I ...

Religious Symbols And Their Significance

Religious symbols are a way to unite members of a common faith tradition, and to indicate to others the religious tradition they represent. Though most religions have a number of symbols that represent them, this roundup illustrates some of the most ...

We Make Business Models Better Because We Localize Them

At Disrupt Europe this morning, Rocket Internet founder Marc Samwer sat down with TechCrunch's editor at large, Mike Butcher to talk about European entrepreneurship, copy cats and more. Rocket Internet is a Berlin-based e-commerce incubator that has ...

How To Tell If You-re In A Cloud-Friendly Industry

The benefits of an industry cloud strategy are clear. But are there certain industries that are more cloud friendly? To answer this question, we analyzed industries using a framework that ranks each one based on eight factors that speed up cloud ...

Eta ruling causes fury but could yet pave way to peace

However unpalatable, the release of prisoners could yet play a part in the ongoing peace process, helping to move Eta towards a permanent laying down of arms, and allow the Basque Country to move on from its bloody past. But that will require yet more cool heads.

New Ilchi Lee Book Inspires Personal Growth in 'Change

New York Times Bestselling author and meditation expert, Ilchi Lee, is marking this time of seasonal change with the launch of a new book. October 1, 2013, will begin with the official release of Change: Realizing Your Greatest Potential. Change was ...

Steen launches Ergonomic Guitar line

Guitars like Gibson's iconic Flying V, just about any BC Rich model, or Bob Wiley's Ministar travel guitars may well stand out in any crowd, but they're not exactly built for comfort. Guitar maker Shawn Steen has spent the last two years tweaking and ...

Climate Council finds 'clear link' between bushfires and climate change

The Climate Council's findings offered a rebuke to Tony Abbott's assertion that there was no correlation between climate change and the NSW fires, which the prime minister renewed on Friday when he dismissed claims of a link as "complete hogwash".

Stanford Roundtable panelists demystify the secrets of happiness

The Stanford 2013 Roundtable, "Are You Happy Now? The New Science of Happiness and Wellbeing," convened a panel of psychologists, neuroscientists and business experts to discuss what makes people happy. Their message: Pursuing meaning in ...

Lee Wins Asia-Pacific to Earn Masters Invitation

Lee Wins Asia-Pacific to Earn Masters Invitation. LONGKOU CITY, China October 27, 2013 (AP). Associated Press. Lee Chang-woo of South Korea won the Asia-Pacific Amateur by three shots Sunday to earn a trip to the Masters in April. Lee was worried that ...

Giraffe Riddle Becomes Viral in Facebook; Everyone is Turning Their Profile Pictures to Giraffe

This is because a new game is taking over social media site Facebook where a user must answer a riddle and if they get the answer wrong, he or she should turn their default photo into a giraffe for the next three days. View Full Image. Ben Birchall/Reuters...

When Does Daylight Savings Time 2013 End In The USA? Don't Forget To 'Fall Back' One Hour On Sunday Nov. 3rd

Daylight Savings Time 2013 in the U.S. and Canada ends on Sunday, November 3 at 2am, when we will have to "fall back" and set our clocks back one hour. However, if you are traveling or living outside of the U.S. and Canada and that country observes ...

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Oxelon Newsletter.
0.gif
9.gif
logo.gif
1.gif
2.gif
3.gif
4.gif
5.gif
6.gif
7.gif
8.gif

Oxelon Newsletter

Oct 30, 2013, 3:03:08 PM10/30/13
to oxelo...@googlegroups.com

Religion Services and Announcements

This weekly event is sponsored by the Flagstaff Vipassana Sangha which is a group of people that explore Buddhist meditation practices and teachings mostly from the Theravada tradition. Following the regular meeting, there is an optional discussion. flagstaffvipassana.weebly.com. The Tibetan Center, Katog Jampel Sungling, 2708 N. Fourth St. 814-9851.San Francisco de Asis Catholic School: Visit our school for the following events: Evergreen wreath sale by the 8th grade class to fund their trip to Catalina Island and the Long Beach Marine Institute. Book Fair in the gym Oct. 21-25. Veterans Recognition Day, Nov. 8. Annual Christmas Bazaar, Nov. 16. 320 N. Humphreys St. 779-1341.B...

Olivia Wilde Pregnant Baby Bump

Actress Olivia Wilde debuts a small baby bump at the 2013 International Women's Media Foundation's Courage In Journalism Awards at Beverly Hills Hotel on October 29, 2013 in Beverly Hills, California. Credit: Jon Kopaloff/FilmMagic. It's gonna be a ...

Uber is delivering kittens for National Cat Day

In honor of the venerated holiday National Cat Day, startup Uber is temporarily expanding past taxi-hailing to ... kitten delivery service. Uber usually lets its app users order a taxi, black car or SUV to come pick them up at their current location ...

It's over for now

(CNN) -- It looks like that "deep rift" among the Jonas Brothers has led to a breakup. The boy band, which recently canceled a planned 19-show national tour following a disagreement over musical direction, is no longer a group. "It's over for now ...

'His songs were the soundtrack to my life'

I was a Bowie fan, which meant that I had bought or borrowed Transformer when I was 13, and then someone handed me an acetate of Live at Max's Kansas City and then I was a Lou Reed fan and a Velvet Underground fan. I looked for everything I could.

Lenovo expands Yoga range with twisting Android tablets

Lenovo re-thought the laptop, bringing flexible displays to a variety of different notebooks, and has now turned its focus to the tablet. The new Yoga Tablet 8 and 10 appear almost book- or magazine-inspired, like the Sony Xperia Tablet S, with a round ...

The Delaware is an economic and ecological treasure

The ecological value of the Delaware River system is well-known. Less well-known is its economic value. An analysis by the University of Delaware concludes the Delaware Basin is an economic engine that (1) contributes more than $20 billion in annual ...

Bitcoin's Radical Days Are Over. Here's How to Take It Mainstream

Enter Bitcoin. For most of us, it's tempting to write off the cryptocurrency as unserious. Remember all those headlines about price volatility and questionable legal status? But there's a reason why venture capitalists and entrepreneurs continue to pay ...

Why your Facebook feed is full of giraffes

(CNN) -- If you've spent any time on Facebook in the past day or so, you may be wondering: What's up with all the giraffes? Are they suddenly endangered? Is the circus in town? Is Toys R Us having a sale? No, no and no. (Although depending on where you ...

At Ice Theater of New York, Balanchine as Inspiration

Dancing on ice skates isn't easy. At the Sky Rink at Chelsea Piers on Friday, the distinguished Canadian ballerina Sonia Rodriguez performed at a gala in her honor. Wearing ballet slippers, she had to be carried by three male skaters, who passed her ...

In Romneycare Birthplace, Obama to Ask for Patience

In the shadow of Mitt Romney's Massachusetts health care model, President Obama will argue Wednesday that Obamacare merits the patience and bipartisan backing the Bay State mustered seven years ago for what was then a radical new approach.

Can Pixlee Change Image-Based Marketing? $1.5M On 'Yes'

Visual marketing firm Pixlee announced today that it's raised $1.5 million to bulk up on engineering and marketing personnel. The young, image-based social media-driven company says it wants to offer brands new ways of connecting with it consumers and ...

9 Online Dating Lessons I Learned the Hard Way

In the spirit of our first wedding anniversary, I crafted a list of nine lessons I learned from online dating. At the very end of a six month run on Match.com in 2009, I met Jake. Online dating was actually less scary than it initially sounded. I found ...

Apple Inc. (AAPL) Loses Out To Samsung In Smartphone Sales

Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL) is not the leader in world smartphone production. The company's earnings report for the three months through September, which ends its full year 2013, showed that the company shipped 33.8 million iPhones in the quarter. In the ...

Google Honors Edith Head, Oscar-Winning Costume Designer

Today's Google Doodle celebrates what would have been the 116th birthday of Edith Head (1897-1981), the fashion icon who dressed Hollywood stars like Lucille Ball, Olivia de Havilland, Elizabeth Taylor, Audrey Hepburn, Gloria Swanson, and Bette Davis.

Marin students excel in state fitness testing

The state-required Physical Fitness Test, administered to fifth-, seventh- and ninth-graders, tests fitness levels in six categories. About 45 percent of Marin students tested last school year passed all six tests, compared to less than a third of ...

Investors Weigh In On Building The European Ecosystem

Today, TechCrunch editor at large Mike Butcher sat down with a group of some of Europe's most well known investors and VCs to explore how entrepreneurs and VCs are expanding the European ecosystem. Brent Hoberman (ProCapital, Founders Forum), ...

George Wythe special education teacher battles

After telling friends, it seemed like a dark cloud was hovering over her. Today we're letting some sunshine in, and helping pass on a $300 Act of Kindness. Click here to watch on Mobile: http://bit.ly/1cidbRM. Copyright 2013 WWBT NBC12. All rights ...

Stanford compassion and altruism research

We can be healthier, live longer, and make the world a better place by exploring our potential for compassionate behavior, according to neurosurgeon James Doty, founder and director of the Center for Compassion and Altruism Research and Education, part ...

Metta World Peace gets to live hometown dream

That's the kind of win-at-all-costs attitude the Knicks need from World Peace. It's an attitude that hasn't been seen much since the days of Charles Oakley. It's an attitude World Peace must restore on a court that was his home when he played for St ...

School's prayers answered after other students' generosity

School's prayers answered after other students' generosity - KCTV5. Member Center: Create Account|; Log In; Manage Account|; Log Out. SITE SEARCH. Home · News · KCTV5 News · It's Your Health · Cancer Center · Men's Health · Live Well · Sex & ...

TVA's Green Power Switch generates one million megawatt-hours of electricity

TVA considers the innovative Green Power Switch program, the first of its kind in the Southeast when it started 13 years ago, a success story. TVA said the program has helped prevent more than 700,000 tons of carbon dioxide from being emitted into the ...

A vegetarian Halloween supper

This Halloween I've made a three course dinner for four people on a student budget. The ingredients are seasonal, cheap and vegetarian. Beetroot "bat wing" soup, "petrifying" pumpkin risotto with roasted pumpkin seeds, and "pickled brains", also known ...

Emotional baby reacts to mother's singing with joyful tears

Emotional baby reacts to mother's singing with joyful tears - KCTV5. Member Center: Create Account|; Log In; Manage Account|; Log Out. SITE SEARCH. Home · News · KCTV5 News · It's Your Health · Cancer Center · Men's Health · Live Well · Sex & ...

Contractors earn big for PR blitz on Obamacare

The federal Obamacare website has earned plenty of attention in recent weeks, but probably not the kind administration officials envisioned when they hired public relations firms to help promote HealthCare.gov. The overall Obamacare public relations ...

Canada reportedly to add Slovenia friendly to November international window

The Canadian Soccer Association did not confirm another November friendly when contacted by MLSsoccer.com on Tuesday, but a spokesman did say the federation "should have something to announce in the coming days." Should the match be made ...

[...]

Solar Energy Investment and the Department of Energy

The cost of solar energy has already plunged a whopping 70 percent in just three years, and it is set to dive right off the charts. The Department of Energy has just announced a new round of $60 million in grants from the innovative solar funding ...

Here-s What Critics Are Saying

The much-hyped WWE 2K14 hits store shelves in two days, and the first batch of reviews is out. The general consensus is that, though the game offer a plethora of new options and benefits from 2K's superb presentation, the same gameplay problems that ...
0.gif
9.gif
logo.gif
1.gif