Michael Youssef`s Devotional

Oxelon Newsletter

Nov 9, 2013, 3:03:09 PM11/9/13
to oxelo...@googlegroups.com

Michael Youssef's Devotional

Some people have a spirit of generosity and that generosity is the fuel that keeps them going each day. In Luke, Jesus reminds us of a simple, yet basic truth: "Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you" (Luke 6:38). If we are stingy and withhold our tithes and offerings in support of God's work, then we can expect the same in return. Our motivation for giving to God's work should be to praise, worship, and honor Him. When you do give, make sure that you are motivated by God and not guilt. No price tag can be placed on Christ's death...

Marital happiness hinges on wives keeping calm

It can sometimes be difficult to regain composure after a particularly heated argument with a spouse. But new findings, published in the journal Emotion, show that long-term marital satisfaction depends on wives, not husbands, regulating their own emotions. Though a husband should probably not suggest that his wife "calm down" during a fight, researchers from the University of California-Berkeley and Northwestern University found that marriages in which wives were able to regain their composure quickly during a dispute were the happiest, both short and long term. The researchers assessed recorded interactions of over 80 heterosexual couples who were middl...

Winnipeg Free Press

Continuous Personal Growth: Leaders with high levels of integrity are in constant learning mode. They are ruthlessly honest with themselves, seek guidance to discover and work around their blind spots and are always learning and growing as leaders. A promise is a promise: High-integrity leaders keep their promises, and if they can't meet the agreed-upon timeline, they will stay in communication with you until the promise has been kept. Reliability: Just as we purchase proven brands, leaders who are shown to be reliable and can be counted on will attract more followers. Reliable leaders stick with problems and issues unti...

One woman helps another when happy to haul a door

Recently, I was in Construction Junction in North Point Breeze, where I delightedly found a great bargain on a used door for my son's remodeling. While standing in line I chatted with two other women. We all seemed to be on missions to help our sons with projects. I mentioned that Construction Junction will kindly "hold" an item for seven days for only $5, and I was so pleased about it because we couldn't get a truck to haul the door for several more days. "R" asked where my son lived, and I replied in Squirrel Hill. "R" said that she knew Squirrel Hill, that she had her son's van and that she would gladly deliver the door if I would just lead the way.

Peter Lynch Once Managed Money. Now He Gives It Away.

PETER LYNCH has gone from being the avuncular face of mutual fund investing for average Americans in the 1980s to a quiet philanthropist working with his wife to give away a good part of the fortune he amassed as a top mutual fund manager.

Body bags rushed to worst-hit areas after typhoon hits the Philippines

Tacloban, Philippines (CNN) -- A day after Super Typhoon Haiyan roared into the Philippines, officials found more than 100 bodies scattered on the streets of one devastated coastal city. Officials rushed body bags to Tacloban city Saturday following ...

Jaimie Alexander no knickers and VERY revealing dress to Thor premiere

American actress Jaimie Alexander well and truly stole the show at the Los Angeles premiere of Thor: The Dark World on Tuesday night. The pretty brunette, who plays Sif in the blockbuster, flaunted her enviable figure in a tight black dress on the red ...

Google Drive updates app

Google Drive version 2.1.0 is available now as a free 24MB download from the App Store. Other storage app SugarSync has also been updated, offering to automatically upload photos from a user's camera roll. Photos can then be shared or accessed on any ...

Justin Bieber's Brazil adventures

Los Angeles (CNN) -- Either Justin Bieber is having a wild time on his South American tour or media reports of the 19-year-old singer's antics are off the mark. Many reports barely rise above the gossip threshold, but they echo throughout the tabloids ...

Richie Incognito never bullied Jonathan Martin, Lydon Murtha says

I have since retired, and I'm happily working in the auto industry and living outside of Miami. I went to college at Nebraska with Richie Incognito, and I consider myself friends with him and Jonathan Martin, but I don't speak with them regularly and I ...

A sunny, chilly weekend; climate change and typhoon Haiyan

Through Tonight: Not much in the way of the clouds and any evening breeze (from the northwest around 5-10 mph) dissipates overnight. Lows range from the mid-to-upper 30s downtown to near 30 in the colder suburbs. The weekend: Both days feature ...

The female voices who call for change, 7Days, Phnom Penh Post

In Theravada Buddhism, the primary duty of monks is to study and practice morality, meditation and wisdom so as to attain nirvana. They will also preside over communities as spiritual teachers and leaders, and provide instruction in some basic Buddhist ...

Getting Its Share of Attention

The seven-week class teaches mindfulness, a loose term that covers an array of attention-training practices. It may mean spending 10 minutes with eyes closed on a gold-threaded pillow every morning or truly listening to your mother-in-law for once ...

Government Subsidy Spurs Investment Frenzy

REUTERS/Athit Perawongmetha. Thai energy companies will invest up to $2 billion in the solar energy industry over the next five years, as the government incentivizes solar projects to provide power for Southeast Asia's second-largest economy.

The complete winners list

The 2013 CMA Awards celebrated the old and new Wednesday night, giving two prizes to newcomers Florida Georgia Line (Vocal Duo of the Year and Single of the Year) but bestowing the night's top honor, Entertainer of the Year, to the veteran George ...

Thanksgiving 2013 dining guide

Forget about hosting family, cooking a turkey and cleaning up after everyone and leave it to the professionals. Orange County restaurants are offering a cornucopia of dining options this Turkey Day, including buffets, to-go dinners and traditional Thanksgiving meals. Restaurants book up quickly and most require or strongly recommend reservations for the holiday, so call ahead to ensure a table.

Google Doodle marks 129th birthday of psychiatrist Hermann Rorschach

The top of the search page shows Rorschach sitting in his office, while a pair of hands present an iconic inkblot test. Users can then click on the image to reconfigure the ink and share what they see via social media. Born in 1884 in Zurich ...

Kerry Takes Personal Approach to Mideast Peace

Mr. Kerry seems perfectly willing to upend his schedule based on his instinct that staying a little longer, holding another meeting, flying to another capital, can nudge forward peace negotiations between the Israelis and the Palestinians. Shuttle ...

Twickenham's great history will give players inspiration against the Pumas

England v Argentina: Twickenham's great history will give players inspiration against the Pumas. When England get changed in Twickenham's new dressing room they will find it emblazoned with names of the legends who have worn the red rose shirt.

10 Secrets Of Leadership From A Lifetime Fisherman

Sarah Drummond gathered these gems of wisdom about small scale commercial fishing while working as an apprentice to Old Salt. We've translated Salt's tips from gnarly Australian English into 10 lessons. We think there's something here for everyone.

Renewable energy firm Ambri opens manufacturing plant in Marlborough

Ambri manufactures a "Liquid Metal Battery," a technology that was invented at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and will enable widespread use of renewable energy sources, according to the company. The technology will also reduce electricity ...

Sustainable energy conference in Raleigh raises concerns over expiring tax credits (Video)

Phyllis Cuttino of PEW Charitable Trust, left, asks Tom Carlson of Advanced Energy Economy, right, how long federal tax incentives for renewable-energy companies should last at the N.C. Sustainable Energy Association's Making Energy Work 2013 ...

10 surprising superstars of Twitter

(CNN) -- Everybody knows the big-time accounts on Twitter belong to celebrities -- the Katy Perrys and Justin Biebers and Lady Gagas. And those are just the singers with more followers than President Barack Obama. But as the newly public social ...

Lara Logan apologizes for '60 Minutes' Benghazi report

(CNN) -- CBS correspondent Lara Logan apologized Friday and said the network was "wrong" for a "60 Minutes" report that raised questions about the Obama administration's response to last year's attack on the U.S. diplomatic compound in Benghazi, Libya.

Nordstrom, Wal-Mart, Other Retailers Report Next Week JWN WMT KSS M

The Seattle-based high-end department store operator announced plans last week to open a second Nordstrom Rack in Brooklyn, N.Y. It operates 257 stores in 35 states, including 137 Nordstrom Rack and two Jeffrey boutiques, and sells online through ...

Emerge 2013 fostering an ecosystem of collaboration

Emerge 2013 fostering an ecosystem of collaboration. The conference promotes practice of entrepreneurship across sectors to tackle global problems. Share · Tweet this. Email. Adizah Tejani and Hera Hussain. Guardian Professional, Friday 8 November ...

The Dark World shows superhero movies can still be joyful

It's a grim time for big-screen superheroes. Rebooted versions of Superman and Spider-Man both have daddy issues. Tony Stark has PTSD. Wolverine kinda wants to die. So it's a relief to watch Thor: The Dark World, which is the lightest, funniest ...

Profits boost for Enel Green Power

Italian renewables giant Enel Green Power (EGP) boosted revenue and profits in the first nine months of the year on the back of burgeoning capacity and power production.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Oxelon Newsletter.
0.gif
9.gif
logo.gif
1.gif