Help with Bayesian model

gabriele

Mar 1, 2022, 11:15:28 AM3/1/22
to OxCal
Dear all,
I am encountering a problem when modelling the set of dates with different phases (please see the attached file). The Bayesian model works well when running the same set of dates with only two phases.

Thank you for the help in advance.

Gabriele
Help Bayesian model.docx

Richard Staff

Mar 1, 2022, 11:29:18 AM3/1/22
to ox...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gabriele,

It looks to me like you just need to invert the order of your Phases - i.e., Unit 6 > Unit 5 > Unit 4 > Unit 3 > Unit 2 > Unit 1.

At the moment you have constrained that Unit 1 is the oldest and Unit 6 is the youngest, and hence the model output shows the modelled ages for Units 1 and 2 to be forced older than Units 3-6, which gives you your apparent divergence between the unmodelled and modelled distributions.

All the best,

Richard 🙂

Dr Richard Staff
Research Fellow in Quaternary Geochronology
Scottish Universities Environmental Research Centre (SUERC)
University of Glasgow
Tel.: +44 (0)1355 270198

   Researchgate Free Icon of SuperTiny

Mar 2, 2022, 4:20:50 AM3/2/22
to OxCal
Dear Richard,
thank you very much indeed, it's working!

All the best,
Gabriele