How to make the Oxcal offline program report the median date in the "Difference" function?

Xinzhou Chen

Feb 23, 2022, 4:26:55 AM2/23/22
to OxCal
Hello group,

I am doing a mapping project dealing with thousands of radio-carbon dates and their pairs, so the calibration can not be done one by one or using the online Oxcal version.

Just have this question regrading the offline Oxcal: how to make the Oxcal offline program report the median date in the "Difference" function in the output?

I search the help document on the website and it does not give the code.

my goal is to let the program report the median of age difference in the end of the results for my further analysis.

Screenshot 2022-02-22 195744.png

Best,
Xinzhou

Christopher Ramsey

Feb 23, 2022, 4:39:18 AM2/23/22
to OxCal group
If you delve into the .js output you should be able to find everything you need. Look for terms that look like:

...likelihood.median=

Best wishes

Christopher