C3 and C4 plants

František Trampota

May 16, 2022, 2:20:21 PM5/16/22
to OxCal
Hello,
is there any difference between results from charred C3 and C4 plants? Can we simply compare results from the two different types of plants?

František

MILLARD, ANDREW R.

May 17, 2022, 4:37:02 AM5/17/22
to ox...@googlegroups.com

Yes, apart from some dates measured in the first few decades of the method, all radiocarbon dates are corrected for isotopic fractionation.

Best wishes

Andrew

--

Dr. Andrew Millard

Associate Professor of Archaeology,

Durham University, UK

Email: A.R.M...@durham.ac.uk

Personal page: https://www.dur.ac.uk/directory/profile/?id=160

Scottish Soldiers Project: https://www.dur.ac.uk/scottishsoldiers

Dunbar 1650 MOOC: https://www.futurelearn.com/courses/battle-of-dunbar-1650

is there any difference between results from charred C3 and C4 plants? Can we simply compare results from the two different types of plants?

František

František Trampota

May 17, 2022, 6:04:04 AM5/17/22
to OxCal