Announcing Owyl 0.3.0.

David Eyk

Jan 15, 2009, 11:45:19 PM1/15/09
to Owyl-discuss
I'm pleased to announce Owyl 0.3.0. Now, with an example!

New features:

* Working(!) boids example.
* Including tests for some of the vector math.
* Man, I hate vector math.
* Child handling has now been pushed into parent behaviors.
* Previously, children were only run once, and then
re-instantiated on the next iteration (oops!).
* Parent must call children before yielding them.
* visit will call the root task of its tree.
* Non-working decorators now work.
* I think parallel is really working right now.

Richard Jones

Jan 16, 2009, 12:01:08 AM1/16/09
to Owyl-discuss
Sorry, failed:

rjones@l-rjones /tmp/owyl-0.3$ sudo python setup.py install
[snip]
Installed /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/owyl-0.3-py2.5.egg
Processing dependencies for owyl==0.3
Finished processing dependencies for owyl==0.3
rjones@l-rjones /tmp/owyl-0.3$ cd examples/
rjones@l-rjones /tmp/owyl-0.3/examples$ python testboids.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "testboids.py", line 14, in <module>
import boids
File "/tmp/owyl-0.3/examples/boids.py", line 31, in <module>
import memojito
ImportError: No module named memojito

Also if you're doing vector stuff I recommend getting http://code.google.com/p/pyeuclid/
into your code.

Richard

David Eyk

Jan 16, 2009, 12:04:24 AM1/16/09
to Owyl-discuss
You know, I shouldn't release code after my bed-time.

The example requires memojito, which you'll find at <http://
pypi.python.org/pypi/memojito>. Sorry about that!

I'll look into pyeuclid, for sure. It all seemed easy, until I started
doing it.

David
> Also if you're doing vector stuff I recommend gettinghttp://code.google.com/p/pyeuclid/
> into your code.
>
>      Richard

Richard Jones

Jan 16, 2009, 12:22:52 AM1/16/09
to owyl-d...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Jan 16, 2009 at 4:04 PM, David Eyk <davi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> You know, I shouldn't release code after my bed-time.

:)

> The example requires memojito, which you'll find at <http://
> pypi.python.org/pypi/memojito>. Sorry about that!

OK, with that installed the boids example works fine :)

Richard

David Eyk

Jan 16, 2009, 9:33:16 AM1/16/09
to Owyl-discuss
On Jan 15, 11:22 pm, Richard Jones <r1chardj0...@gmail.com> wrote:
> OK, with that installed the boids example works fine :)

Glad to hear it. It's not an extremely complicated example--the
flocking algorithm is simple enough, it doesn't really need the
complexity of a behavior tree. I added some acceleration behaviors
just to spice it up, though now they look less like birds and more
like fish.

I thought something simple would be good to start with. I'll get to
work on a more advanced scenario for a future release.

BTW--I haven't been able to get the pyglet/cocos framerate counter
working for this example. The default hotkey doesn't seem to work
(though I *can* get an interpreter). Is that possibly because I'm
using a ScrollableLayer? Or am I just missing something obvious? (I'll
look at it more closely later, and bring it to the cocos-discuss group
if I can't figure it out.)

David