Monday @ TransCanada offices

Maria Selva

Sep 20, 2013, 6:34:24 PM9/20/13
to OH list, OH Outreach, OWS-H, codepin...@lists.riseup.net
2 events:
tomorrow Sat --see previous email  (yes, even if it's raining)
Monday, downtown, 10:30am

Please distribute these 2 emails to all your friends, lists, groups, etc.
Help spread the word.

Maria Selva

Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2013 17:24:15 -0500
Subject: Fwd: Keystone XL Pipeline Opposition Presents TransCanada With Petition on Monday, September 23rd
From: veryl...@gmail.com
To: selv...@hotmail.com

On Fri, Sep 20, 2013 at 3:48 PM, Carol Geiger <cge...@citizen.org> wrote:

Media Advisory

September 20, 2013

CONTACTS:

Tom “Smitty” Smith, Public Citizen..................... 512-797-8481

David Druding, KXL Pipeline Truthforce............ 510-459-6086

Keystone XL Pipeline Opposition Presents TransCanada With Petition

WHAT:

Media Opportunity

Representatives of tar sands pipeline opposition from several states will be presenting TransCanada with petitions asking for a halt to their pipeline .

WHEN:

Monday, September 23rd – 10:30  AM

WHERE:

In front of TransCanada’s U.S. Corporate Headquarters in Houston
717 Texas St., Houston, TX 77002

WHO:

Tom “Smitty” Smith, Public Citizen, Texas
David Druding, KXL Pipeline Truthout, Arkansas
Scott Barta, Native American Petition Originator, DaNakota Nation, Nebraska
Houston community members opposed to tar sands pipelines

WHY:

Following on the heels of a national day of action, Saturday, September 21st,  representatives of organizations opposing the tar sands pipeline from several states will be presenting TransCanada’s corporate headquarters in Houston, Texas with a unity statement and a citizen petition started by the Lakota Nation.

Scott Barta, a native American activist will be presenting his Change.Org petition “Lakota Nation NO WAY KXL Protect Grandmother Earth” to TransCanada.  That petition currently has 25K signatures and a link to the petition is provide:  http://www.change.org/petitions/kxl-no-way-protect-grand-mother-earth-now

In addition, representatives of several organizations opposing the pipeline will be presenting a NO KXL Unity Statement that has been signed by hundreds of individuals who oppose the pipeline and every NO KXL organization from BOLD Nebraska, the Oklahoma Peace House, and the Arkansas based OMNI Center for Peace, Justice & Ecology.  Public Citizen and the Sustainable Energy and Economic Development (SEED) Coalition are among the Texas organizations joining as signatories.  Below is the NO KXL Unity Statement.

“We, the undersigned impacted international community of North America, demand a halt to TransCanada Corp's & the entire fossil fuel industry's efforts to create a toxic tar sands Sacrifice Zone across Canada and the US. The continuation of tar sands extraction & its transport by water, rail, roadway and pipeline and especially the KXL pipeline across the US presently under consideration by US President Obama is contrary to our best interest, our climate and survival, and must be halted immediately. As a global community, our right to live free of the poisoning and destruction of our environment must be of higher importance than fossil fuel industry profits.”

Members of the Houston NO KXL group will also be present.