FW: KeystoneXL - Vigil this Mon 6pm

M Selva

Feb 1, 2014, 4:46:46 PM2/1/14
to occupyhous...@lists.riseup.net, ows...@googlegroups.com, occupy...@lists.riseup.net
Vigil for Keystone blatant abuse of corporate power and environmental disaster.  This Mon at 6pm at 1919 Smith St.

Keystone/TarSands are such an incredible abuse of ppl's rights, it is NOT legal what they are doing and it is a sheer corporate giveaway.

And it has been called 'game over' for climate warming.
But oil & gas lobbyists wrote the environmental review saying it would NOT cause enviro damages.  Report released yesterday -Fri.   Hence this clear the way for Obama to allow Keystone XL pipeline to go forth.

some background info: http://whowhatwhy.com/2013/10/07/new-reasons-to-be-terrified-of-xl-pipeline-obama-is-considering-part-of-1-of-a-2-part-series/

Pls join us this Mon 6pm at 1919 Smith st.

Maria

From: stephanie...@hotmail.com
To: notar...@googlegroups.com; no...@googlegroups.com
Subject: KXL North EIS - Vigil for Houston's People, Land, Air, Water, and Climate
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2014 17:08:21 -0600

Dear All:

Because the State Department is paving the path for approving the northern KXL pipeline, we are going to have a vigil.  This vigil is going to be in honor of all of us who will be affected, here in Houston and across the country.  As you all are aware, the Keystone XL Pipeline is going to impact us directly as the dilbit will be refined here in Texas.

We are meeting at 6 PM in front of the Mickey Leeland Bldg, 1919 Smith Street.  We will be on the sidewalk (public area).  I will bring some signs, but you can print some from the link or make your own.  Just FYI: parking isn't great and there is some construction.

Please sign up here and pass this along:

If you have any questions, feel free to email me directly here.

Best Regards,
Stephanie

M Selva

Feb 3, 2014, 11:54:52 AM2/3/14
to occupyhous...@lists.riseup.net, ows...@googlegroups.com, occupy...@lists.riseup.net

pls join us for this vigil @ 6pm tonight, Mon, at 1919 Smith St.

Vigil for TransCanada's blatant abuse of corporate power and environmental disaster.

This means we will have toxic fallout here in Houston over refining never before seen form of oil = toxic Tar Sands and its resulting byproduct, petcoke.

TarSands refining it has been called 'game over' for climate warming.

But oil & gas lobbyists wrote the environmental review saying it would NOT cause enviro damages.  Report released Fri.   Hence this clears the way for Obama to allow Keystone XL pipeline to go forth.