Protest Sat 9/21 -> Weather Update

1 view

Maria Selva

Sep 21, 2013, 1:20:23 AM9/21/13
to occupy...@lists.riseup.net, occupyhous...@lists.riseup.net, ows...@googlegroups.com, codepin...@lists.riseup.net
still 3 actions for tomorrow.  Note change in schedule.  The old 10am is now at 5pm:

12noon Galleria
2pm       Hermann Park by Miller Theatre
5pm       Love Park in the Heights,  1000 W 12th St 77008

Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2013 19:11:10 -0500
Subject: [nokxl] Houston NoKXL Sat 21st actions (Weather Update)
From: veryl...@gmail.com

***Due to Weather Conditions, Love Park Event Now Begins At 5:00 PM***

This Saturday is a national day of action against Keystone XL and the tar
sands industry. Tar Sands Blockade and Houston No KXL are holding two
consecutive Houston events this Saturday, and we hope you can make it to
both!

*2:00 PM: *Street theatre in Hermann Park (Museum District)

   - Come hear voices from the extraction site, the pipeline route in East
   Texas, and our own East End as they react to Snakeline, the great
   TransCanada menace. Join our mock blockade alongside community members of
   all ages and witness the strength of a community united!
   - Address:
Miller Outdoor Theatre
6000 Hermann Park Dr  Houston, TX 77030
   - *RSVP: *http://act.350.org/event/draw_the_line_attend/6181

*
5:0
M: *The People’s Eminent Domain in Love Park (The Heights)

   - Join Tar Sands Blockade for a theatrical protest against tar sands
   industry’s plans to toxify our homes and neighborhoods. We'll rally and
   hear from guest speakers on the damages the tar sands industry causes
every
   step of the way - extraction, transport and refining.
   - Address: 1000 West 12th St (The Heights)
   - *RSVP: *http://act.350.org/event/draw_the_line_attend/6263

After the first event is over, we’ll caravan from
Hermann
 Park to
Love

Park. There’ll be snacks and drinks at both events!

Hope to see you there! Also, if you could help spread the word and forward
this email, we'd really appreciate it.

If you have any questions, please contact Cindy Spoon at
cfs...@riseup.net
or Amanda Lodoza at
amanda...@gmail.com

-Thanks!
Cindy Spoon

Tar Sands Blockade and Houston No KXL

P.S. Join us at East Side Social Center (4202 Canal St) at 10:00 am on
Thursday if you'd like to help us make banners and other art!

--
Benjamin Franklin
"Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do." - Voltaire