FW: Urgent! Keystone comment deadline TODAY

M S

Apr 15, 2013, 2:07:04 PM4/15/13
to Green Discussion, codepin...@lists.riseup.net, OH Outreach, OH list, OWS-H

Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2013 10:15:06 -0400
From: in...@saveourenvironment.org
To: selv...@hotmail.com
Subject: Urgent! Keystone comment deadline TODAY

M –

Take action today!
Clean-up workers scrub an oiled wood duck. Photo by NOAA.

Just wanted to make sure you saw my message last week. Today is the State Department's deadline for public comments on the disastrous Keystone XL Pipeline.

Can you please take a sec to add your name to the opposition?

The two recent tar sands spills in Arkansas and Minnesota are a chilling reminder of the dangers this mammoth pipeline would pose. Not only would Keystone XL threaten key wildlife habitat, numerous species, and crucial drinking and irrigation water for many Americans, but renowned NASA scientist James Hansen has also said it would spell "game over for our climate."

Save Our Environment members have already submitted 18,035 comments – can you help us reach 20,000 by midnight?

Submit your comment here and then please spread the word.

Thank you again for your support in defeating this monster once and for all.

Kevin

Action Alert

Keystone Would Mean More Spills Like This, Or Worse.

Take action now!

Tar sands crude floods a backyard in Mayflower, Arkansas. Photo by AJ Zolten.

We've got 6 days left to scuttle this disastrous pipeline – help stop Keystone by the State Dept's April 15th deadline.

Submit your comment now!

M –

Last Saturday, families in a small suburb of Little Rock awoke to the deceptively sweet smell of benzene, a cancer-causing chemical used to thin gummy tar sands crude.

When they ventured outside, they found their backyards and driveways flooded by a heavy, sticky black substance from a ruptured Exxon pipeline carrying tar sands from Alberta, Canada.

If Keystone XL gets approved, there will be many more spills like this – or worse.

There are only 6 days left in the State Department's final public comment period on Keystone XL. Tell them that Keystone XL is dangerous and you do NOT want it!

The ExxonMobil pipeline that burst last Friday night spilled 85,000+ gallons of extremely hard to clean up crude in central Arkansas.

And last Wednesday, 30,000 gallons of tar sands crude was spilled in Minnesota!

TransCanada has privately predicted two major spills per decade along the length of the Keystone pipeline. That's already too many – but we suspect there will be more than that.

Can you raise your voice again to help defeat this dirty, disastrous pipeline before it can flood more American communities and waterways with toxic tar sands crude?

Don't delay! This is likely to be our very last chance to outshout Big Oil and its allies in Congress to smack down the ugly head of the Keystone XL pipeline once and for all.

Thank you again for your dedication to keeping our environment clean and preserving our precious wild places and wild species.

Best,
Kevin Curtis
Director, SaveOurEnvironment.org
in...@saveourenvironment.org