TX redistricting hearings coming to Houston -June 8th & 12th

A Z

Jun 6, 2013, 3:09:16 PM6/6/13
to 770dis...@txgreens.org, (occupyhoustonoutreach@lists.riseup.net), (occupyhouston@lists.riseup.net), (owshops@googlegroups.com), codepin...@lists.riseup.net
see full email below,
Maria Selva

hearings:

HOUSTON
Wednesday, June 12th
2 p.m.
University of Houston - Downtown
Michael J. Cemo Hall, Room 100 D
4800 Calhoun Rd., Houston, TX 77004

HOUSTON

Saturday, June 8th
11 a.m.
University of Houston - Downtown
Michael J. Cemo Hall
4800 Calhoun Road, Houston, TX 77004

Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2013 16:31:40 +0000
From: in...@organizetexas.org
To: selv...@hotmail.com
Subject: Perry’s No Care Politics Continue!

Instead of addressing the critical issues facing Texans, like health care and education opportunities for working families,  Rick Perry is attempting to take away the voice of low-income families in an effort to keep himself and his cronies in power during the special session!
The current interim Congressional and State House maps have already been deemed intentionally discriminatory by the federal court, but Perry is intent on strong-arming them through the legislature even though they fail to reflect the racial and political makeup of our state.
Redistricting hearings are coming to a town near you, and YOUR voice has to be heard! TOP community leaders will be front and center to defend our right to fair representation.

Click Here to Join Us at the Upcoming Hearings!

Please stand with us to have FAIR maps that fairly represent the diversity of our state and do not dilute the voting power of African-American and Latino voters.

-Texas Organizing Project

PS. If you want to contribute to our cause, click here and donate today!

House Redistricting Hearings

DALLAS

Thursday, June 6th
2 p.m. to 7 p.m.
DART Headquarters Building
Boardroom, 1st Floor
1401 Pacific Ave. Dallas, TX 75202

SAN ANTONIO

Monday, June 10th
2 p.m.
VIA Metro Center
Terry Eskridge Community Room
1021 San Pedro Ave., San Antonio, TX 78212

HOUSTON

Wednesday, June 12th
2 p.m.
University of Houston - Downtown
Michael J. Cemo Hall, Room 100 D
4800 Calhoun Rd., Houston, TX 77004

Senate Redistricting Hearings

AUSTIN

Thursday, June 6th
9 a.m.
Texas State Capitol
Capitol Extension, Room E 1.036 (Finance)
Austin, TX

CORPUS CHRISTI

Friday, June 7th
5 p.m.
Texas A&M University - Corpus Christi
HRI Conference Center
6300 Ocean Drive, Corpus Christi, TX 78412

HOUSTON

Saturday, June 8th
11 a.m.
University of Houston - Downtown
Michael J. Cemo Hall
4800 Calhoun Road, Houston, TX 77004

Texas Organizing Project · United States
This email was sent to selv...@hotmail.com. To stop receiving emails, click here.
Created with NationBuilder, the essential toolkit for leaders.

A Z

Jun 6, 2013, 3:11:15 PM6/6/13
to 770dis...@txgreens.org, (occupyhoustonoutreach@lists.riseup.net), (occupyhouston@lists.riseup.net), (owshops@googlegroups.com), codepin...@lists.riseup.net
call TOP to clarify if it's UH downtown or UH Central.  listing is contradictory.
Maria

From: selv...@hotmail.com
To: 770dis...@txgreens.org; occupyhous...@lists.riseup.net; occupy...@lists.riseup.net; ows...@googlegroups.com; codepin...@lists.riseup.net
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2013 19:09:16 +0000