Re: [Ows_solutions] [NYCGA Internet] notes from last night's digital strategy conversation

Devin Balkind

Oct 25, 2011, 1:56:41 AM10/25/11
to Sam Boyer, Chris Hoffman, Todd Grayson, Chaz Cheadle, ows-digita...@googlegroups.com, clen...@organizing20.org
Ya it's rackspace - would definitely like to get it off there into the future.

Any mediawiki masters here?  I don't want to sound like a broken record but I'm really excited about a few plug-ins, semantic mediawiki and what the folks at openmethodology.org are doing.

On Mon, Oct 24, 2011 at 11:34 PM, Sam Boyer <a...@samboyer.org> wrote:
(sorry, message was supposed to go out yesterday, but I got distracted)

wiki.occupytechnology.org is now pointing to that server. fyi, the mfpl folks offered to host that mediawiki instance on their servers instead of on what they were guessing is a rackspace ip.

Sent from my phone

--
Devin Balkind
Director, Sarapis Foundation

Chris Hoffman

Oct 25, 2011, 11:18:09 AM10/25/11
to Todd Grayson, Devin Balkind, Sam Boyer, Chaz Cheadle, ows-digita...@googlegroups.com, clen...@organizing20.org
It'd be great if we had a central area for logging all configurations, such that we can more easily recover from attacks/failures.  We are trying to keep the configuration updated for Redmine here: https://support.mayfirst.org/wiki/boggs

On Tue, Oct 25, 2011 at 11:01 AM, Todd Grayson <tgray...@gmail.com> wrote:
I can help out with wiki admin, I'll have to review the mediaWiki docs as I've mostly worked with twiki, but I can help evenings with the wiki build out & config.

Before bothering to trick it out with plugins etc... where is this hosted at? Should we be "re-locating" it before building a bunch into it?

Can anyone go through the current install? (Where, what, etc).

I'll review the MediaWiki install and config docs.

Todd