Introduce yourself

janthiemen

Apr 5, 2012, 1:51:46 PM4/5/12
to ow...@googlegroups.com
I think a central topic to introduce yourself is needed. So here it's. Feel free and introduce yourself to the others in the community.

janthiemen

Apr 5, 2012, 2:00:31 PM4/5/12
to ow...@googlegroups.com
I'm Jan Thiemen. I'm a dutch app developer (http://www.scoutline.org). I'm also a big webOS fan, and hoping we are able to get good new hardware for such a beautiful platform as webOS is.

Daughain

Apr 6, 2012, 12:35:44 AM4/6/12
to ow...@googlegroups.com

I'm Doc and a recent webOs convert, least as far as tablets are concerned. Simply put I'm a hot rodder, I just have interests beyond cars. Personally I want to see something with a 5 to 7" form factor that has voice and data functionality.

Daniel Giovannetti

Apr 6, 2012, 7:31:45 AM4/6/12
to ow...@googlegroups.com
I'm Daniel Giovannetti. I used the Palm Treo 750v, when I saw webOS for the first time in a video on palm site.So I follow webOS since 2009 and I bought my first Pre- (O2 Germany) in 2010. Because of the passion for this Amazing operating system, I became administrator of webOS Italia, the largest and most active Italian community on webOS.
I hope with this project to restore the ecosystem that HP has managed badly, up to 6 months ago and to revive webOS. I'm convinced that this can be done with dedication and commitment. I like to be part of the administrative section of the project, perhaps managing public relations.

Khaled Fayez

Apr 6, 2012, 11:25:50 AM4/6/12
to ow...@googlegroups.com
I'm Khaled fayez, and without further ado I just want webos to win for once, I have an android phone and an ipad 2 and they have never been good enough for me. my dream is to make webos the most popular os used globally cz android is just nothing with all of its fragmentation and crappy hardware. Control and efficiency is key.

Zukny

Apr 6, 2012, 10:19:05 PM4/6/12
to ow...@googlegroups.com
Jan,

I am matthew Zakutny a long time Pre- owner who was waiting for the Pre3 to come out for a very long time! :) Bought it when I did, and now i'm sitting at home staring at a broken screen depressed ;)

Things about me: I have a design background experience.  A bachelors in Architecture from Drexel University.. I have worked mainly in the Architectural side of the world, but am finding myself working at a sewer company right now. I own a website called mymorningstory.com, & MymorningTV.com .. also Dabble with some side projects.. one being a 75K grant from the EPA where me and a few people are designing a soilless green roof.  and a few other random things.

Also want to note that there is another group of WebOS people that I am involved in  that have started working on a business plan, program, and have some pretty good people in our corner. I move to combine these two groups today! what does everyone think?

janthiemen

Apr 7, 2012, 2:26:09 AM4/7/12
to ow...@googlegroups.com
I think we really have to combine the groups. The community can't take two groups, and we would only become rivals when we keep going in two different groups. So my opinion is that we really have to combine the groups and go on as one.

Daniel Giovannetti

Apr 7, 2012, 6:02:53 AM4/7/12
to ow...@googlegroups.com
As I said from the beginning in my presentation, we must absolutely avoid the fragmentation of this type of project. So I agree with your proposal to merge the two projects.

In this regard a some details about your project would be appreciated :)

--
DMeister
- webOS Italia Community Manager

Torakiki76

Apr 7, 2012, 6:49:41 AM4/7/12
to owop
Totally agreed with Daniel, if we can we have to absolutely avoid the
fragmentation....

On 7 Apr, 13:02, Daniel Giovannetti <dmeiste...@gmail.com> wrote:
> As I said from the beginning in my
> presentation<https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!topic/owop/HbbD-tcie2Q>,
> we must absolutely avoid the fragmentation of this type of project. So I
> agree with your proposal to merge the two projects.
>
> In this regard a some details about your project would be appreciated :)
>
> --
> DMeister
> - webOS Italia <http://www.webositalia.com> Community Manager
>
> Il giorno 07 aprile 2012 08:26, janthiemen

Torakiki76

Apr 7, 2012, 7:07:03 AM4/7/12
to ow...@googlegroups.com
Hi, i am Marco Castello alias Torakiki76, i am an administrator of
webOS Italia site and i am really happy to join this group, hope that
this project will bring to webOS a new life. I am a very old user of
this OS, since 2009 with my first Pre O2, passing through Pre 2 now i
am using a Pre3 and a Touchpad wifi!! Here my contacts; Skype:
castellomarco, Twitter: Torakiki76, i am not hw or sw developer but
i'll try to help this project for what i can!! ;)

Khaled Fayez

Apr 7, 2012, 9:21:20 AM4/7/12
to ow...@googlegroups.com
definetly merge groups, when u have such small resources u have to utilize evrything u've got. What I wanna know is the status on the whole chris williams situation (the dude who claimed he is carrying webos into the future) was it even a real thing cz he keeps tweeting about webOS.

Yousif Abdullah

Apr 8, 2012, 10:05:33 AM4/8/12
to ow...@googlegroups.com
Hello!

I'll just copy/paste the introduction I wrote in my other post. :)

My name is Yousif and I'm a creative 19-year-old individual in Finland. I'm hoping to study languages at Helsinki university later this year, but in the meantime I'm enjoying my hobby as a photographer. I'm a "self-grown" software developer as well. Nice to meet you!

BlueRQ

Apr 12, 2012, 1:59:40 AM4/12/12
to ow...@googlegroups.com
Hi! my name is RobertQ Martinez, from Mexico, i recomend webOS since the palm pre-, but i started using it since HP bought Palm, i'm an HP Fan, but i hate Apotheker... i am the winner of the Open webOS branding contest, and i'm starting to work on the marketing camapign for webOS...

RQ