Where to incoporate

janthiemen

Apr 4, 2012, 2:26:17 AM4/4/12
to ow...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
We've now taken the first steps into starting up. We already have 27 volunteers (and counting). Now I think it's time to become a real organization. We need to be well structured. We need a board to take the daily decisions and we need a way for all the other volunteers to give their opinion. Also we need, as I think one of the biggest things right now, to incorporate. We're now just an idea. Raising funds and contacting other organizations would be much easier once we're a official organization. Now the first question is, where're we going to start. I think the most important points are that it shouldn't have heavy costs, and that no one can make decisions on his own, without the approval of most of the volunteers. Any ideas, for a country to incorporate, etc. are welcome.

Daniel Giovannetti

Apr 4, 2012, 4:25:59 PM4/4/12
to ow...@googlegroups.com
Perhaps the best way to make decisions is to establish a form of democratic vote.

  1. A quorum of 50% + 1 of the participants to vote, may be fine for the initial decisions and basic.
  2. For critical and very important decisions, as there is equal power among all, we will need a qualified majority of 3/4 (or 5/6?) of those who have voting rights (in this case all the members of the project).
  3. To reject completely any idea of ​​a member, whether it is candidate for approval, requires the unanimous vote of the participants (abstentions count as a rejection).
Meetings online: serve in this regard. I'll think a good solution for us to connect in an online meeting. (maybe with skype? Let me know...)

these are just the first ideas...

janthiemen

Apr 5, 2012, 2:53:27 AM4/5/12
to ow...@googlegroups.com
I agree with your voting points. Also a meeting on skype looks like a good idea to me. I think we should have a list of things we'll have to discuss, and plan this meeting as fast as possible. Any ideas when this meeting should take place?