Crash on refresh on a Nexus 7

Shaun Martin

Aug 24, 2013, 10:52:28 AM8/24/13
to owncloud-new...@googlegroups.com
Hi there, I'm running the latest git versions of the app framework and news app on the server. The android app is crashing whether running the beta or the regular version. I can't provide more details beyond the logcat output right now (getting ready to board an airplane).
owncloud.2013-08-24-07-44-26.txt

Heiko Bernhörster

Aug 27, 2013, 9:20:58 AM8/27/13
to owncloud-new...@googlegroups.com
The same here: Samsung Galaxy S3 and Samsung Note 10.1.

Heiko

David Luhmer

Aug 27, 2013, 12:10:06 PM8/27/13
to owncloud-new...@googlegroups.com
Yes, sorry. I removed the update from Google Play. The app wasn't stable. Today I got an update ready which should be stable. So everyone can test it. It should be available in a few hours.

David Luhmer

Aug 28, 2013, 2:10:39 AM8/28/13
to owncloud-new...@googlegroups.com
Okay.. I noticed there was a little issue in the new version so fixed it and I've published the update yet. It should be available for all beta tester in at least 2 hours! I hope everything works for you.

Btw. It's now possible to enable auto sync in the settings of android (Android --> Settings --> Accounts & Sync --> ownCloud News Reader --> Enable "Auto sync") (It's still beta but I hope it works stable)

Shaun Martin

Aug 28, 2013, 8:25:43 PM8/28/13
to owncloud-new...@googlegroups.com
Still crashing at startup after updating to the latest beta. Haven't tried the accounts & sync method.
owncloud.news.2013-08-28-17-22-34.txt

David Luhmer

Aug 29, 2013, 12:17:43 AM8/29/13
to owncloud-new...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for the feedback. I'm really sorry that it's still not working. It seems that the app crashs with the "Sync on startup" option enabled. You have it enabled, right? Probably you can reset the app by going to your settings "Android --> Apps --> ownCloud News Reader". I'm going to reproduce the issue and fix it as fast as possible. Sorry for the crash.

David Luhmer

Aug 29, 2013, 12:28:36 AM8/29/13
to owncloud-new...@googlegroups.com
I just published an Update on Google Play where the Sync is working. I hope everything is working fine now.