Council Elections Upcoming

Owasso Taxpayer Alliance Admin

Jan 23, 2018, 12:20:12 PM1/23/18
to Owasso Taxpayer Alliance
In the past month we have learned about the “Fortney Report” and all the criminal activity contained in the report. We learned that the city manager destroyed police evidence and that the city council voted to cover it up. In the report it clearly reveals that the city manager ordered the IT director to delete the police video of the Dr. Chris Kelley DUI arrest/unarrest after the police chief told him that it would be a bad idea.

After the tax payers paid $24,000 to Attorney Guy Fortney for the investigation the city council voted to pay the city manager $185,000 to go away. Sounds like a good deal…right?

Now Dr. Chris Kelley is running for re-election even after we have all read the report that he voted to keep from the tax payers that showed the city manager deleted the police video of his DUI arrest/unarrest. Instead of riding off into the sunset, Dr. Chris Kelley wants to help us for a few more years.

What has Dr. Chris Kelley done for us so far?
1) Got stopped and arrested/unarrested for DUI and put our police in a position to deal with an elected official that chose to drive after he had been drinking.
2) Allowed the city manager to delete the police video of his DUI stop.
3) Voted in favor of an investigation to look at the deletion of the police evidence when it was clear what had happened.
4) Voted in favor of keeping the “Fortney Report” sealed and hidden from the people who paid for it when it clearly showed criminal activity.
5) Voted in favor of raising your sales tax.
6) Voted in favor of raising your utility rates by FORTY PERCENT (8/16/16).

We would hope that after all that Dr. Chris Kelley has done for us, he would ride off into the sunset and quit costing us more money. BUT…..HE IS NOT. He is running for re-election so he can help us some more.

We don’t know the candidate running against Dr. Chris Kelley but he would have to be a better option than Dr. Chris Kelley.

SO when you head to the polls next month just remember all that Dr. Chris Kelley has done for us.