BH EU demo video

Brian Beaudry

Oct 26, 2016, 2:37:30 PM10/26/16
to OWASP ZSC
All,

Below is my first attempt at creating a video to show off ZSC for the Black Hat EU Arsenal presentation next week. Please review and provide feedback at your convenience. Thanks!

--

Brian Beaudry, Co-Leader
Tampa Chapter

johanna curiel curiel

Oct 26, 2016, 10:04:55 PM10/26/16
to Brian Beaudry, OWASP ZSC
Awesome video, for me it was clear and it showed a hands on example of a working shellcode on a real exploit, including obfuscation of the POC

Next week will be the presentation , keep us posted ;-)

Cheers

Johanna

Johanna Curiel
OWASP Volunteer

Brian Beaudry

Oct 27, 2016, 10:41:39 AM10/27/16
to johanna curiel curiel, OWASP ZSC
If there are no objections I'd like to suggest we post it on the front page on github. Maybe replace the static screenshot? Or at least put it under the screenshot.

johanna curiel curiel

Oct 27, 2016, 10:55:08 AM10/27/16
to Brian Beaudry, Ali Razmjoo, OWASP ZSC
I'll post it on the wiki project wiki page
@Ali: pls let us know you opinion and if no objections, we can indeed post the video on the github

Cheers

Ali Razmjoo

Oct 27, 2016, 11:19:11 AM10/27/16
to johanna curiel curiel, OWASP ZSC, Brian Beaudry

Hello guys, I've not seen the video yet, I'm with mobile now, thats good idea brian to post on github, feel free to make your pr.

Also we have a blog zsc.z3r0d4y.com we can update....

Thanks brian for the video, I'll send you feedback once i watch it

Brian Beaudry

Oct 27, 2016, 11:28:52 AM10/27/16
to Ali Razmjoo, johanna curiel curiel, OWASP ZSC
For the record, I've made a real asciinema account and made the video public. You can see it at the below (shorter) URL now:

Akash Trehan

Oct 27, 2016, 2:55:29 PM10/27/16
to Brian Beaudry, Ali Razmjoo, johanna curiel curiel, OWASP ZSC
I like the video as well. It demonstrated both the command line and normal version and as Johanna said included a hands on example and obfuscation. Great work! Best of luck for BlackHat guys!

Johanna Curiel
OWASP Volunteer

--

Brian Beaudry, Co-Leader
Tampa Chapter

Johanna Curiel
OWASP Volunteer

--

Brian Beaudry, Co-Leader
Tampa Chapter

Ali Razmjoo

Oct 27, 2016, 8:10:05 PM10/27/16
to Akash Trehan, Brian Beaudry, johanna curiel curiel, OWASP ZSC
Hi Brian,

That was an awesome video, Just a notice, video's height and width can be fixed ? I can't see all of video in the page...
my screen size (laptop) is 1366*768...

Johanna Curiel
OWASP Volunteer

--

Brian Beaudry, Co-Leader
Tampa Chapter

Johanna Curiel
OWASP Volunteer

--

Brian Beaudry, Co-Leader
Tampa Chapter

ss1.jpg
ss2.jpg

johanna curiel curiel

Oct 27, 2016, 8:32:55 PM10/27/16
to Ali Razmjoo, Akash Trehan, Brian Beaudry, OWASP ZSC
in GitHub markdown you can adapted like this (example)

johanna curiel curiel

Oct 27, 2016, 8:33:19 PM10/27/16
to Ali Razmjoo, Akash Trehan, Brian Beaudry, OWASP ZSC
check button 'share' for instructions

Ali Razmjoo

Oct 27, 2016, 8:48:48 PM10/27/16
to johanna curiel curiel, Akash Trehan, Brian Beaudry, OWASP ZSC
Cool, thanks Johanna.

Ali Razmjoo

Oct 31, 2016, 6:16:34 PM10/31/16
to johanna curiel curiel, OWASP ZSC, Brian Beaudry, Akash Trehan

Is there anyway to download video (convert it to video and download) ?

johanna curiel curiel

Nov 1, 2016, 7:12:38 AM11/1/16
to Brian Beaudry, Ali Razmjoo, OWASP ZSC, Brian Beaudry, Akash Trehan
A way to do this, is to screen record (apple Quicktime)
Let me check later I record it and send it to you

On Tue, Nov 1, 2016 at 4:09 AM, Brian Beaudry <brian....@guidepointsecurity.com> wrote:

Kinda...

https://asciinema.org/docs/embedding

I don't see a way to get a stand alone video format like .mp4 or something but you can download the files necessary to play it in a browser locally.

Ali Razmjoo

Nov 1, 2016, 9:48:19 AM11/1/16
to johanna curiel curiel, OWASP ZSC, Brian Beaudry, Akash Trehan, Brian Beaudry

Thanks