DEFCON IN a.k.a Hackers day & BH Asia

johanna curiel curiel

Oct 31, 2016, 4:31:48 PM10/31/16
to OWASP ZSC
Hi All,

There are 2 events approaching that Akash & Paras located in India can assist to promote the project

January 2017:

Has an open application for presenters until 10th November, so we need to submit a CPF before this day. If accepted you guys can go. This year it will be January 13th & 14th

Blackhat Asia Arsenal March 29 - 1st April 2017 (just like BH Europe)
Submissions are not open yet but when it happens we can submit

For assisting to Blackhat Asia in April 2017 please let me know if you are available
Also we need to check what will cost
From OWASP we can get up to USD1500, unless we get a sponsor. When I'm in EU I'll check if we can get more funds but so far we can apply now a request to OWASP and check if they approve it in case we get addimited to BH Asia

I would love to see if Paras & Akash can go with this budget. Could you please check for me:
  • How much will a ticket cost from India to Singapore for both of you?
  • Would you accept stay in the same room at a hotel close by the conference?
  • OWASP does reimbursements but if otherwise then we need to check with them. Do you have a credit card or can use one?
Please let me know asap, so we can coordinate how to make the submissions for Hackers day and also request for funding to OWASP

Cheers

--
Johanna Curiel
OWASP Volunteer

Akash Trehan

Oct 31, 2016, 4:51:59 PM10/31/16
to johanna curiel curiel, OWASP ZSC
1. The cheapest round-trip ticket I see(if booked right now) costs $287(has a stop in between though) . Here's the link https://www.google.com/flights/?f=0#search;f=BOM;t=SIN;d=2017-03-30;r=2017-04-02;q=mumbai+to+singapore+flight
2. I don't have an issue with staying in the same room.
3. Currently I don't have an international credit card I can use. I hope Paras does. If not I'll get it somehow. That shouldn't be a problem I guess.

@Paras check the flight cost from the airport closest to your location. www.google.com/flights is a good resource.

@Johanna I have no clue about how much the hotels cost there. Do you have any info on that?

johanna curiel curiel

Oct 31, 2016, 5:21:09 PM10/31/16
to Akash Trehan, OWASP ZSC
BH Asia has not announce yet the location, but from experience the hotels they choose for the conference are most of the time between USD200-400 depending if you can book one time

Airbnb is an option in this case. Again, depending on the location then could book through airbnb
a room through airbnb starts at USD50
We could indeed find an affordable location(see attachment) within the budget but it should not be far from the conference convention

I know Singapore has excellent public transportation too

Cheers

Screenshot 2016-10-31 17.19.26.png

Ali Razmjoo

Oct 31, 2016, 6:13:40 PM10/31/16
to johanna curiel curiel, OWASP ZSC, Akash Trehan, Pratik Patel

Hi johanna, thanks for noticing that, I think pratik also can help us (if he is from india too),

@johanna, will owasp help us with budget? I think they did for brian for blackhat london, can we request again?

Paras Chetal

Nov 1, 2016, 2:48:32 AM11/1/16
to OWASP ZSC
Hi, everyone!

I would gladly promote the project in both these conferences. I am available for both sets of dates.

We should apply to Hackers Day ASAP. Going there won't be any issue for me or Akash I think.

For BH Asia,
1. The cheapest round-trip ticket for me would cost around 189.13 USD if I book for 29th March. I will reach on 30th then, (late for the conference and possibly with jet lag). I'll prefer going on 28th March to reach on time (that would cost 360.20 USD). Or I could leave even earlier on 27th March (I'll reach on 28th, one day before the conference) which would again cost me only 189.13 USD. Let's see how the budget works out.
2. Staying in the same hotel room or Airbnb is no issue for me.
3. I currently don't have an international credit card right now either. But that can be easily arranged for.

I think we can very easily wrap everything up within the given budget.
Cheers!

Johanna Curiel
OWASP Volunteer

johanna curiel curiel

Nov 1, 2016, 7:11:33 AM11/1/16
to Paras Chetal, OWASP ZSC
Hi Paras & Akash

Please, feel free to submit the CFP for presenting OWASP ZSC at the Hackers day conference

If you stay through Airbnb is going to be a lot cheaper. Flying one day before the conference is a must because most of the time Arsenal will be just the same day the conference starts so you need to be there

Like I mentioned on previous emails, OWASP works with reimbursements in this case. If you don't have a credit card, could you check with some family members that do and are able to help you?

Regarding BH Asia, I can  submit a request for funding first. If accepted then we know we can use the USD 1500 for traveling

Let me know for sure that you are able to pre-finance the trip otherwise we cannot submit on this one

Cheers

Johanna

Pratik Patel

Nov 1, 2016, 8:51:48 AM11/1/16
to OWASP ZSC
Hello,

Sorry for being inactive lately. I was busy with interviews as this is final year of my college. I won't be able to attend lucknow defcon conference which is on Jan 14th as I have one internship starting from January.

Paras Chetal

Nov 1, 2016, 10:20:21 AM11/1/16
to OWASP ZSC
For Hackers Day, should we apply for a workshop (6-8 hours) or for an on-stage live presentation(20-40 minutes) on the conference day?

johanna curiel curiel

Nov 1, 2016, 2:19:22 PM11/1/16
to Paras Chetal, OWASP ZSC
Choose what you feel confortable doing

Akash Trehan

Nov 1, 2016, 2:38:55 PM11/1/16
to johanna curiel curiel, Paras Chetal, OWASP ZSC
I'm a bit confused here...
Does the 6-8 hour workshop mean that we'll teach people about shellcodes and using ZSC step by step(hands on session) continuously for 6-8 hours or does it imply multiple such sessions(2 hrs each or something) or something like DEFCON labs where people come to you and you explain stuff...I think its the first one but I'm not very sure.

What I would like is doing a presentation and then informally explaining stuff to interested people who come up to you for more information.

Another thing is do we need to have a paper for applying since the application guidelines say "Email subject should be: CFW HACKERS DAY 2017-[Paper Title]" ?

On Tuesday, November 1, 2016 at 6:21:48 PM UTC+5:30, Pratik Patel wrote:
Hello,

Sorry for being inactive lately. I was busy with interviews as this is final year of my college. I won't be able to attend lucknow defcon conference which is on Jan 14th as I have one internship starting from January.

Johanna Curiel
OWASP Volunteer

Paras Chetal

Nov 1, 2016, 3:07:54 PM11/1/16
to OWASP ZSC
I have applied for the presentation already since there was apparently only one slot left for it. If say we don't get accepted, we can always try for the workshop.
Judging from the other presenter's topics, a paper should not be needed for the presentation.
Cheers!

On Wednesday, November 2, 2016 at 12:08:55 AM UTC+5:30, Akash Trehan wrote:
[...]

Akash Trehan

Nov 3, 2016, 4:33:49 PM11/3/16
to Paras Chetal, OWASP ZSC
Should we apply for Call For Workshops as well? I don't think we'll get a reply for CFP before the deadline.

Also I had re-emailed for CSP due to error in the submission format in Paras' mail. So that shouldn't be a problem.

Cheers,
Akash