Gsoc

johanna curiel curiel

Jan 30, 2017, 9:58:32 PM1/30/17
to OWASP ZSC
Hi Guys

The Google Summer has begon and we have Akash as contributor who can submit a proposal this year

@Brian: Is it possible to mentor Akash? Please if this is the case, could you signup on the following page:

--
Johanna Curiel
OWASP Volunteer

johanna curiel curiel

Jan 30, 2017, 9:59:50 PM1/30/17
to OWASP ZSC
Hi Guys

The Google Summer has begon and we have Akash as contributor who can submit a proposal this year

@Brian: Is it possible for you to mentor Akash? Please if this is the case, could you signup on the following page:
https://www.owasp.org/index.php/GSOC2017_Ideas

@Akash: can you help with clear ideas that Brian can then submit?

Cheers

Johanna

Ali Razmjoo

Pratik Patel

Jan 31, 2017, 7:01:29 AM1/31/17
to OWASP ZSC
Regarding Ideas for GSOC, I think we need some obfuscation modules which are complex. Also there can be more work done in osx module.
And one more task can be web interface for Shellcode and code obfuscation modules (This is not in priority I think, but this is not big task and if time is left after main task are completed then this can be taken)

johanna curiel curiel

Jan 31, 2017, 7:04:01 AM1/31/17
to Pratik Patel, Brian Beaudry, OWASP ZSC
Thx Patrix, those are excellent points

We need more mentors , I hope Brian can participate

@Patrik: You willing to act as a co-mentor?

Cheers

Johanna

Pratik Patel

Jan 31, 2017, 7:09:35 AM1/31/17
to OWASP ZSC
Another task could be https://github.com/zscproject/OWASP-ZSC/issues/115 (Not sure if this is also in priority)

Akash Trehan

Jan 31, 2017, 7:28:03 AM1/31/17
to Pratik Patel, OWASP ZSC
The ideas I have in mind are:

1. Development of osx module
2. Continuous integration with Travis
3. x64 shellcodes
4. Web interface
5. Polymorphic shellcodes

Pratik already mentioned some of them but these are what I had in mind.

On Tue, 31 Jan 2017 at 17:39 Pratik Patel <pratikpa...@gmail.com> wrote:
Another task could be https://github.com/zscproject/OWASP-ZSC/issues/115 (Not sure if this is also in priority)

Pratik Patel

Jan 31, 2017, 7:33:53 AM1/31/17
to OWASP ZSC
Yes, I can be a backup mentor. I hope brian is willing to mentor this time also.

johanna curiel curiel

Jan 31, 2017, 8:04:15 AM1/31/17
to Pratik Patel, OWASP ZSC
Thanks Patrik, I'll let you know when Mentors start been called, but we can put your name on the OWASP page as mentor.

Hope to get an answer from Brian soon.

On Tue, Jan 31, 2017 at 8:33 AM, Pratik Patel <pratikpa...@gmail.com> wrote:
Yes, I can be a backup mentor. I hope brian is willing to mentor this time also.

Brian Beaudry

Jan 31, 2017, 8:35:13 AM1/31/17
to johanna curiel curiel, Pratik Patel, OWASP ZSC
Hello all,

Sure, I'd be happy to mentor again this year. I like the ideas discussed thus far though I'd like to put a bit more emphasis on adding some x64 shellcode. It just so happens I was wanting to get some linux x64 command execution shellcode yesterday and fired up ZSC before I remembered that it doesn't have x64 :(. Anyway, yeah, I'll sign up at that link when I get a chance. Thanks!

Brian Beaudry, Co-Leader
Tampa Chapter
m 219.232.8379
 brian....@owasp.org

johanna curiel curiel

Jan 31, 2017, 8:39:32 AM1/31/17
to Brian Beaudry, Pratik Patel, OWASP ZSC
Thank you Brian, excellent :D

I'll update the OWASP Gsoc page with Pratik & Brian as mentors

Cheers

Johanna

Akash Trehan

Pratik Patel

Jan 31, 2017, 9:36:12 AM1/31/17
to OWASP ZSC
No Akash. ZSC will be participating as Sub Org with OWASP. So it is OWASP that has to apply. I think OWASP admins will be taking care of application for OWASP. We will just need to submit project ideas in OWASP GSOC page.
Correct me if I am wrong somewhere.

Paras Chetal

Jan 31, 2017, 9:42:10 AM1/31/17
to OWASP ZSC
I'll be applying to GSoC as a contributor for ZSC. There's quite a lot of room for improvement in the tool. Let's do it!

Cheers!

johanna curiel curiel

Jan 31, 2017, 9:52:32 AM1/31/17
to Paras Chetal, OWASP ZSC
Hi Paras

Do you want to mentor too? or apply as Student?

Cheers

Johanna

Ali Razmjoo

Jan 31, 2017, 9:56:15 AM1/31/17
to johanna curiel curiel, Paras Chetal, OWASP ZSC
Thanks @Brian for your response, That will be awesome! thanks guys for ideas, they are just great.
Just a quick question, Johanna, we still don't know how many slots OWASP will get, Can you mark our names to begin accepted in Slots or this will need a vote or something ?

johanna curiel curiel

Jan 31, 2017, 10:39:25 AM1/31/17
to Ali Razmjoo, Paras Chetal, OWASP ZSC
>>we still don't know how many slots OWASP will get, Can you mark our names to begin accepted in Slots or this will need a vote or something ?

Unfortunately that is fully managed by the 'admins' of OWASP
First, OWASP has to be accepted as Organization
then, if accepted, Google decides how many slots they provide to OWASP as org
Then...the admins will decide in the end IF there are not enough slots , as happend last year, but as you observed, we fight based on the fact that the proposal presnetated by Pratik was a lot stronger than others

@Akash: your proposal needs to be very solid and strong, then it will stand out from the rest. The earlier you start, the better you make it, the mor chances we get in IF OWASP gets enough slots

@Ali: the more mentors we have the better ;-) so now we got'
Brian
Paras
Pratik
You as project leader
Me as back up mentor , thats 5 ;-)

Cheers

Johanna

Paras Chetal

Jan 31, 2017, 1:26:43 PM1/31/17
to OWASP ZSC
Hi Johanna,

I intend to apply as a student. I'm sorry if it wasn't clear in my previous email.

Cheers.

On Tue, Jan 31, 2017 at 10:42 AM, Paras Chetal <paras....@gmail.com> wrote:
I'll be applying to GSoC as a contributor for ZSC. There's quite a lot of room for improvement in the tool. Let's do it!

Cheers!

On Tuesday, January 31, 2017 at 8:28:32 AM UTC+5:30, johanna curiel curiel wrote:
Hi Guys

The Google Summer has begon and we have Akash as contributor who can submit a proposal this year

@Brian: Is it possible to mentor Akash? Please if this is the case, could you signup on the following page:

--
Johanna Curiel
OWASP Volunteer

johanna curiel curiel

Jan 31, 2017, 1:52:45 PM1/31/17
to Paras Chetal, OWASP ZSC
Np Paras , same advies to you as to Akash
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to owasp-zsc+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/owasp-zsc/b8b376f2-b917-42ca-b213-3146f80b9c4b%40googlegroups.com.

Reza Espargham

Feb 3, 2017, 8:49:59 PM2/3/17
to johanna curiel curiel, Paras Chetal, OWASP ZSC
Hi Johanna, how I can also submit my project for GSoC? I'm same as Ali from Iran... and we are some hard conditions for registration