which day are the BrowserSec sessions?

Tobias Gondrom

Jan 13, 2011, 8:08:39 AM1/13/11
to OWASP Summit BrowserSec
Hello,

sorry if I missed the obvious:
I am very interested in the BrowserSec sessions as they relate to my
work standardising web security in the IETF WEBSEC working group. So I
crawled the BrowserSec Track information, but could not find on which
day the browser track is planned. Could you maybe tell when, as I also
have to arrange to give a presentation at another track and would like
to avoid conflicts.

Thanks and kind regards, Tobias

(chair of IETF WEBSEC WG)

John Wilander

Jan 13, 2011, 8:17:31 AM1/13/11
to owasp-summi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tobias!

I'm delighted to hear your interest in the Browser Sec track!

2011/1/13 Tobias Gondrom <tobias....@googlemail.com>

I am very interested in the BrowserSec sessions as they relate to my
work standardising web security in the IETF WEBSEC working group. So I
crawled the BrowserSec Track information, but could not find on which
day the browser track is planned. Could you maybe tell when, as I also
have to arrange to give a presentation at another track and would like
to avoid conflicts.

You did not miss anything – there's no scheduled time there :). The reason is two-fold:
  1. The last Global Summit we learned that setting the schedule of this kind of highly collaborative, "use your feet" event is something you should do the very last minute. Only then will you know who's coming, how the co-chairs want to work, what size and kind of a room you need etc. So we've decided to wait.
  2. The Browser Security track has been planned for several months but that is not true for all the other tracks. At this point we simply do not know what sessions there'll be at the Summit.
Given this, there's at least one piece of information for you. The Browser Sec track will in essence be held on Wednesday and/or Thursday. Tuesday evening I'm planning for a meetup where everyone who said they're coming to Browser Sec will introduce themselves over a beer so we all know eachother by the time the track starts.

Hope that helped somewhat :).

   Welcome!
   Regards, John

--
John Wilander, https://twitter.com/johnwilander
Chapter co-leader OWASP Sweden, http://owaspsweden.blogspot.com

dinis cruz

Jan 13, 2011, 8:54:16 AM1/13/11
to OWASP Summit BrowserSec
John can you add to the 'planned events page' (http://www.owasp.org/
index.php/Summit_2011/Summit_Venue_Logistics#Social_Events) an entry
for a 'Browser Track Drinks' on Tuesday night?

We will need to plan for that and put it on the final schedule (and
venue map).

One idea could be to allocate one villa for that meeting (before or
after dinner), or to find a spot in the multiple 'organic meeting
locations' that we will have and allocate that to this purpose
(participants of the browser track to meet up and share a drink)

We are still thinking of ways to tag (in a good way) the attendees.
For example would it be a good idea to add a little Icon to the
attendee's badge that represents the Browser track? (for the charis
and attendees who want to be associated with). That would be a great
ice-breaker and would allow a lot or organic connections to be made

Dinis Cruz