GSoC 2020 ZAP Project Advice and Guidance

Simon Bennetts

Mar 19, 2020, 8:12:17 AM3/19/20
to OWASP GSOC

Submissions are now open for Google Summer of Code 2020 !

If you would like to apply to work on a ZAP project for GSoC then please bear in mind the following points:

We have some project suggestions on https://owasp.org/www-community/initiatives/gsoc/gsoc2020ideas but we are also happy to consider other projects, just make sure you discuss them with us.

We really like to see students who have successfully made contributions to ZAP. This shows us that you can follow our processes and make useful changes to ZAP.

If you haven't made any changes to ZAP yet then don’t worry, there’s still time:

  • Have a look at the ZAP CONTRIBUTING guideline, especially the ‘Coding’ section.

  • Then try fixing an existing bug or issue, maybe one flagged as IdealFirstBug.

If you want to talk to us about potential projects then just contact us via the Dev Group or via IRC.

We’re also very happy to review draft proposals before you submit them - in fact we recommend this. The best way to do that is via Google Docs - that way we can comment directly in your proposal.

You can share this with us via the GSoC site or by emailing us directly.

Good luck!

Simon