song: you will pack what you need

joa...@verona.se

Mar 22, 2024, 4:17:17 PMMar 22
to over...@googlegroups.com
https://soundcloud.com/joakimv/you-will-pack-what-you-need

https://gitlab.com/jave/sylt-core

The code has improved bark driver, and some stuff to manage tracks in
the loseq sequencer from emacs.
--
Joakim Verona
joa...@verona.se

Arne Brasseur

Mar 25, 2024, 4:54:07 AMMar 25
to over...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for sharing! I didn't know about bark.

Seems like everyone at some point creates their own sequencer for overtone. It's a bit of a blind spot IMO. Recursively looping with at is a little too tedious.

I have at least five different iterations/implementations sitting around... I'd like to have a closer look at the patterns library for SuperCollider, see how they do this kind of thing. I'm also starting to play more with demand ugens, let the server do the sequencing.

Arne Brasseur
Gaiwan GmbH
https://gaiwan.co

joa...@verona.se

Mar 25, 2024, 9:53:34 AMMar 25
to Arne Brasseur, over...@googlegroups.com
Arne Brasseur <arne.b...@gmail.com> writes:

> Thanks for sharing! I didn't know about bark.
>
> Seems like everyone at some point creates their own sequencer for overtone. It's a bit of a blind spot IMO. Recursively
> looping with at is a little too tedious.

Yes, it is kind of charming to be able to do your own sequencer withouth
too much work, which I guess is why everyone does it :)

I think mine deserves points for being the quirkiest one :)

> I have at least five different iterations/implementations sitting around... I'd like to have a closer look at the
> patterns library for SuperCollider, see how they do this kind of thing. I'm also starting to play more with demand ugens,
> let the server do the sequencing.

That sounds really interesting!

--
Joakim Verona
joa...@verona.se

Kenneth Flak

Mar 25, 2024, 3:26:31 PMMar 25
to Overtone

I'm using the pattern library in  SC for everything. Super useful! I see that the cl-collider guys have implemented a version of it in common lisp https://github.com/defaultxr/cl-patterns. Might be worth checking out how they've done it for some inspiration ...?