how to view the waveform?

rd

May 1, 2019, 4:03:20 AM5/1/19
to Overtone
Hi I tried using pscope without sucess, how can we view time and spectral domain of wave in overtone?

Johnny Brown

May 14, 2019, 11:44:26 PM5/14/19
to Overtone
I couldn't get pscope to work either, what did you try and what error did you see?

Hlöðver Sigurðsson

May 19, 2019, 10:14:11 AM5/19/19
to Overtone
I looked at the pscope, and the problem digs deep. The pscope is only suppose to work with the internal synth. But it doesn't work at all at the moment. This is due to java-jna not allowing dynamic buffer allocation. The clj-native library which overtone uses is based on ancient version of java-jna. The solution to this would be to ditch clj-native, and allow pscope to be used with external synths, but that would be quite cpu heavy, given that we'd be sending large chunks of data trough osc messages, and I wouldn't be surprised it could exceed the udp package limits on big buffers. Let's experiment still, would you mind opening a ticket?

Hlöðver Sigurðsson

May 19, 2019, 10:15:19 AM5/19/19
to Overtone
Sorry I mean and/or used with external synths. Best would be to write the supercollider bindings in vanilla java (and hence ditch clj-native)