No Audio in call both way using Oversip

Husnain Taseer

Sep 9, 2016, 4:25:14 PM9/9/16
to OverSIP
Hi,
I am using OverSIP 2.0.4 and Opensips  2.1.1 and managed to get Register sipml5 client. Signalling is working fine in my setup the only issue I am facing is regarding both way media flow. My Setup is as follows:

SIPML5 (Firefox Behind NAT) ------> OverSIP ------> Opensips --------> Asterisk 1.8 ---------> Provider

SIPML5 Firefox => 192.168.0.103

OverSIP => 12.34.56.78:10080 (Public IP)
Opensips => 12.34.56.78:5060 (Same Public IP)

Asterisk => 34.12.56.78:5060 (Different public IP)

In my scenario signalling is working perfect I can register client and also can make call. From sipml5 client Registered on Firefox I am dialing my mobile number and getting call on my mobile at the same time when my mobile is ringing I can hear Dialtone on Firefox but as I accept the call on my mobile there is a complete silence on both sides.

My asterisk version 1.8 was not able to parse SDP with "UDP/TLS/RTP/SAVPF" protocols in media description so I replaced this with "RTP/AVP" in opensips.cfg.
I can also see that asterisk is sending RTP to my Public IP address but router was not passing them to my laptop as I took wireshark trace on my laptop as well and there was no packet from asterisk server IP. To handle this I enabled DMZ in the router for my laptop and now I can see that my laptop is receiving packets from Asterisk server IP but still they are not going to firefox session and there is still silence.

Any help in this matter is highly appreciated.

Iñaki Baz Castillo

Sep 9, 2016, 4:29:16 PM9/9/16
to oversip
> I can also see that asterisk is sending RTP to my Public IP address but
> router was not passing them to my laptop as I took wireshark trace on my
> laptop as well and there was no packet from asterisk server IP. To handle
> this I enabled DMZ in the router for my laptop and now I can see that my
> laptop is receiving packets from Asterisk server IP but still they are not
> going to firefox session and there is still silence.

The question is: does Firefox send RTP to Asterisk? Check that by
inspecting RTP sent by Firefox and where it's sent (it should be sent
to the media IP:port of the SDP answer replied by Asterisk).

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo
<i...@aliax.net>

Husnain Taseer

Sep 9, 2016, 5:39:04 PM9/9/16
to OverSIP
In 200OK from asterisk I can see that media IP is asterisk's public IP  34.12.56.78 and Port is 15360. There is not a single packet sent to asterisk's IP and port from my laptop. Firefox is not sending any RTP because of that incoming RTPs from asterisk can't reach back to firefox.

Iñaki Baz Castillo

Sep 9, 2016, 5:42:06 PM9/9/16
to oversip
> Firefox is not sending any RTP because of that incoming RTPs from asterisk
> can't reach back to firefox.

That's not true. Don't make such an assumption please. Firefox SHOULD
send RTP regardless it does not receive RTP packets from the other
endpoint.

Ensure the SDP answer is ok (a=sendrecv and so on).

BTW: this is out of the scope of OverSIP which is a SIP proxy and it
does not handle media/SDP at all.

Husnain Taseer

Sep 9, 2016, 5:51:52 PM9/9/16
to OverSIP
I have reconfirmed, Firefox is not sending any RTP if you want I can send you all the traces separately.

Iñaki Baz Castillo

Sep 9, 2016, 6:05:17 PM9/9/16
to oversip

I'm sorry, but as said before, that is not an issue generated by OverSIP. You should see ICE packets from Firefox to Asterisk before RTP.

El 9/9/2016 23:51, "Husnain Taseer" <husnain...@gmail.com> escribió:
I have reconfirmed, Firefox is not sending any RTP if you want I can send you all the traces separately.

Husnain Taseer

Sep 9, 2016, 6:07:02 PM9/9/16
to OverSIP

Also you took my assumption wrong. RTPs that are coming from asterisk to my router are not allowed to reach the firefox because no packet sent to that asterisk port from inside.

Husnain Taseer

Sep 9, 2016, 6:09:11 PM9/9/16
to OverSIP
Thanks alot still you replied :)

Iñaki Baz Castillo

Sep 9, 2016, 6:14:08 PM9/9/16
to oversip
No, what you said was:

> Firefox is not sending any RTP because of that incoming RTPs from asterisk
> can't reach back to firefox.

That's is not true. If the SDP answer is ok, you should see ICE
packets from Firefox to "somewhere" (hopefully the Asterisk media
IP:port).

Husnain Taseer

Sep 9, 2016, 6:20:52 PM9/9/16
to OverSIP

But Unfortunate, there is no ICE packet in the trace from Firefox to asterisk. Even there isn't a single packet going towards asterisk IP from firefox :(