Defender cranking battery options

已查看 26 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

Ashraf Sayed

未读,
2021年9月10日 04:33:172021/9/10
收件人 overlan...@googlegroups.com
Hi Folks
That time again..whats the flavour nowadays, got these quotes

Exide R2 250 new with two year warranty (recon r1000)
Willard r1500 with two year warranty

Then for the second battery are deep cycles still the way to go…last used a Deltec, also flat now

Any thoughts  appreciated

Kindly
Ash

Bertus Bekker

未读,
2021年9月10日 05:20:512021/9/10
收件人 overlan...@googlegroups.com
Have found Vartas to be reasonable.

Usually buy from Current Automation.

Joao Felizardo

未读,
2021年9月10日 05:38:082021/9/10
收件人 overlan...@googlegroups.com
Have been using crank willard batteries for many years .
For deep cycle i buy enertec discover AGM -use in the power pack and caravan .
Rgds,
Joao

Erin Bosch

未读,
2021年9月10日 05:51:462021/9/10
收件人 overlan...@googlegroups.com

I would chat to Jacque Fernihough from Bushpower.

When I bought a cranking battery and a couple of deep cycles his prices were the best that I could get. I can’t recall the brand, but the cranking battery is still going strong in the 130, which I sold a couple of years ago – it must be at least 5 years old (probably more) and the deep cycles are still doing duty in my garage, and showing no signs of giving up.

--

Marc Hall

未读,
2021年9月10日 06:09:072021/9/10
收件人 overlan...@googlegroups.com
Don’t forget about Raylite either.

mh...

Michael Bishop

未读,
2021年9月10日 06:32:262021/9/10
收件人 overlan...@googlegroups.com
I swear by Raylite Ultimates.

Not sure what the price is now, but the AGM is definitely worth paying for as in it is far more forgiving of ill treatment (if you've got a good automatic charger like a Ctek).  🙂

Regards
Mike B