Traffic fines during our moz-zim -bot trip

Joao Felizardo

Jul 11, 2024, 2:25:06 PMJul 11
to overlan...@googlegroups.com
I have already emailed two previous emails to sum up the visits to matobo NP and Robins camp in hwange  NP . One issue I would like to also mentioned is the issue of traffic cops and fines .
In moz we found the traffic cops much more relaxed and only a few times we were asked to stop for a quick check up of the driver license ; only after mapinhane and before  the toll I was caught at 63 on a 60 zone and fined 1000 meticais ; we paid on the spot as repeatedly asked by agents Luca and Glove ; I was told that I could not pay within 15 days as per article 172 ? ( I think it is ) since we don't have the dire ( permanent residence in Moz  as foreigners ); it is to be noted that first of all I was above the speed and that the agents officers of the traffic police were positioned before the toll and between the 60km zone and 30 km zone of the toll ; I got a receipt and told them to add more value rather than to just fine drivers specially with regard to the intercity busses that constantly speed and overtake as kamikaze pilots !!!
The other fine was just outside pandamatenga;  caught at 78 km/hr on a 60 km zone ; 460 pula also paid on the spot : three officers involved - one ran like he'll to stop me and advise of the speeding ; the other the camera operator and the third one the admin clerk  who had pos machine ' receipts and all necessary paper work and documentation including a stapler for  all the 3  pieces of paper !
 In zim we were stopped twice with no issues at all !!!
Rgds to all !
Joao Felizardo
So please be advised

Mike Slater

Jul 12, 2024, 12:12:37 AMJul 12
to overlan...@googlegroups.com
Thanks João.

Very useful information.

"Alla fin del gioco tanto va nel sacco il Re quanto la pedina."

Best wishes

Mike Slater

Join me in amazing Mozambique:
http://www.mozguide.com/