Episode 2 of our Botswana trip

Bruce Turner

Oct 9, 2021, 11:56:43 AM10/9/21
to overland-forum
Hope you enjoy:

Rgds
BruceT

Brian

Oct 10, 2021, 3:14:08 AM10/10/21
to overlan...@googlegroups.com

Thanks Bruce, as well as an enjoyable video, it brought back memories too. I hope you do more of them.

Regards,

Brian McMahon

br...@bdmc.co.za

landline +27 12 030 1032

cell        +27 82 652-0101

Bruce Turner

Oct 10, 2021, 9:32:16 AM10/10/21
to overlan...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Brian and Mike.

Next one I’m going to attempt in Gonarezhou end of Jan, covid lock downs dependant

Rgds
BruceT

Peter Levey

Oct 12, 2021, 6:56:37 AM10/12/21
to overlan...@googlegroups.com
Hi Bruce
Really enjoyed the video and the memories brought back.
Thanks for sharing

Peter

--
Peter Levey

Bruce Turner

Oct 12, 2021, 7:07:50 AM10/12/21
to overlan...@googlegroups.com

Merwe Erasmus

Oct 12, 2021, 7:36:25 AM10/12/21
to overland-forum
Nice one, Bruce. In 2013 I travelled a sort of similar route with the famous Sats Oosthuizen: African Ranches, Kgama Rhino Sanctuary, Elephant Sands, Hunters Road, Pandamantenga, Kubu and Moremi Gorge. Your video brings back pleasant memories.

--
Merwe Erasmus

Bruce Turner

Oct 12, 2021, 8:20:40 AM10/12/21
to overlan...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Merwe.

I remember Sats, where is he now?

Rgds
BruceT

Merwe Erasmus

Oct 12, 2021, 8:58:45 AM10/12/21
to overland-forum
I am in Cape Town, last time I saw him was about 2015 when he came down for a visit. I think he is still in Krugersdorp, saw a pic of him  with other overlanders about a year ago.

--
Merwe Erasmus

et...@yebo.co.za

Oct 12, 2021, 9:36:23 AM10/12/21
to overlan...@googlegroups.com

Great video Bruce.  (And the Jeep T shirt?)  If you have more video of the trip even without commentary would be appreciated.

Henry Townsend

Oct 12, 2021, 10:06:22 AM10/12/21
to overlan...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Henry.

It’s my undercover T-shirt 😂

What sort of footage are you looking for or is that a polite way of telling me I should shut up in future? 😂😂

Rgds
BruceT

et...@yebo.co.za

Oct 12, 2021, 12:10:02 PM10/12/21
to overlan...@googlegroups.com

No no.

You must have other footage you have discarded in making your video. Anything out of Botswana even without commentary would interest me.  I sit and watch reminding my wife of the places we have been to.  Nostalgia I suppose.

And never shut up.  Yor commentary adds to the adventure.

Bruce Turner

Oct 14, 2021, 2:32:39 AM10/14/21
to overlan...@googlegroups.com
Hi Henry

I do have unused footage, but where and how do I get it to you? Maybe I should make a video of unused footage? Let me know your thoughts and others do so also please?

Thank you,

Rgds
BruceT

Merwe Erasmus

Oct 14, 2021, 2:38:34 AM10/14/21
to overland-forum
Bruce

Another option is to do a Behind the Scenes video, where you show your camera setup, eg show where the GoPro is mounted, the trouble one has to go through to get drive by footage : setting up the camera, drive back, drive past the camera, coming back to collect the camera. Show how you operate the drone. Show a few bloopers where you fluffed your lines etc.

--
Merwe Erasmus

Bruce Turner

Oct 14, 2021, 3:12:13 AM10/14/21
to overlan...@googlegroups.com
That’s a good idea. Im very good at messing things up!  Will see if I can put something together this weekend although my set up is ultra simple.

Rgds
BruceT

et...@yebo.co.za

Oct 14, 2021, 11:15:33 AM10/14/21
to overlan...@googlegroups.com

Hi Bruce

I would accept the video with just background music.  Most of us would recognize the various landmarks anyway.

What do the others say?