Re: [Overland] Digest for overland-forum@googlegroups.com - 2 updates in 1 topic

Douw Kruger

May 29, 2021, 1:13:24 AMMay 29
to overlan...@googlegroups.com
I think GPS brands are a personal thing as well. A bit like a Defender. I have taken Marc's 276cx and while ons has to take a step or two back, it also has quite advanced features.
I might just love it.

Douw

On Sat, 29 May 2021, 5:39 am <overlan...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
"zak o'neil" <z...@b2einternet.co.za>: May 25 12:29PM +0200

Douw , I had the Montana 600, but it started to die mid track, losing data,
so it landed up somewhere in the CKGR. I replaced it with the 276cx, but
it was worse than going back to the old Nokia brick phones!
I bought a 2769 and it works wonders. Use it every time I travel. Use t4a
on it as well. Gave the 276cx to the guy who bought my landy
The 2769 took me through Okavango, Caprivi, Kaokoland end deur SA op agter
paaie, sonder 'n hitch
Zak

"Geoff Hill" <hill....@gmail.com>: May 28 10:21PM +0200

Googled 2769 but nothing came up

_____

Douw , I had the Montana 600, but it started to die mid track, losing data,
so it landed up somewhere in the CKGR. I replaced it with the 276cx, but it
was worse than going back to the old Nokia brick phones!

I bought a 2769 and it works wonders. Use it every time I travel. Use t4a
on it as well. Gave the 276cx to the guy who bought my landy

The 2769 took me through Okavango, Caprivi, Kaokoland end deur SA op agter
paaie, sonder 'n hitch

Zak

On Tue, 25 May 2021 at 09:21, Douw Kruger <dou...@gmail.com> wrote:

I promise not to raise the topic again.

As mentioned before, my Montana 600 is slowly giving the ghost.

What is the essential difference between a 276cx and something like a Drive
Smart 65MT? Except that the one costs more than double.

I am also looking at he Montana 700 which is about R2k less than the 276cx.

I don't what to go to the shop and start caressing them before I have made a
firm decision, because I know what will happen.

Douw

"overland-forum" group.
email to overland-foru...@googlegroups.com.
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/overland-forum/aeef9c72-8f53-43a8-96c1-691
af4cfc04an%40googlegroups.com
<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/overland-forum/aeef9c72-8f53-43a8-96c1-69
1af4cfc04an%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer> .

"overland-forum" group.
email to overland-foru...@googlegroups.com.
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/overland-forum/CAD3dhgo7_6M9vKAgMM_OCD5H5T
J2TjYz5vTRqG1Ftj-XKb9rFg%40mail.gmail.com
<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/overland-forum/CAD3dhgo7_6M9vKAgMM_OCD5H5
TJ2TjYz5vTRqG1Ftj-XKb9rFg%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=foote
r> .

grahambowring2

May 29, 2021, 1:22:01 AMMay 29
to overlan...@googlegroups.com

How does it compare to the original 276C?  That was a superb GPS, far better than the four Garmins I have owned since...

Mike Lauterbach

May 29, 2021, 1:36:52 AMMay 29
to overlan...@googlegroups.com
I've owned a 276cx since they were introduced (have 2).  They replaced
my 2 x 276C which I had.

I prefer them to the older model - they are very accurate, and the
bigger screen is great.  The big memory is great as well and keeps
months of recorded tracks.

The only negative is the slower screen refresh rate.

Cheers
Mike