Solar Panel Setup

Gregg Howard

Jun 25, 2021, 2:49:45 AM6/25/21
to overlan...@googlegroups.com
I have 4 solar panels I am wiring up to the camper.
2x 160W
2x 80W

The plan is that the two 80W's are removable and on one regulator (this I have already).  And the two 160's are on their own regulator.

Questions:
1. Can I run two regulators to the same battery pack?
2. What size regulator do I need for two 160W's ?  (perhaps should have the capability for all 480W)  I was thinking 40amp?

thanks guys

gregg

Mike Ferguson

Jun 25, 2021, 3:07:18 AM6/25/21
to overlan...@googlegroups.com
Depends on your regulators Greg.

I have 2 x victron smartsolar 100/50 units running to my house batteries. I use a victron battery/temp sensor on the battery and create a network on the controllers to share the temp and voltage from the battery sense then they work well together.

40 amp controller is fine

Rgards
MikeF