GPS - last question

Douw Kruger

May 25, 2021, 3:21:27 AM5/25/21
to overland-forum
I promise not to raise the topic again.

As mentioned before, my Montana 600 is slowly giving the ghost.

What is the essential difference between a 276cx and something like a Drive Smart 65MT? Except that the one costs more than double.
I am also looking at he Montana 700 which is about R2k less than the 276cx.

I don't what to go to the shop and start caressing them before I have made a firm decision, because I know what will happen.

Douw

Marc Hall

May 25, 2021, 3:58:35 AM5/25/21
to overlan...@googlegroups.com
Hello Douw, I can’t answer your specific question but if you are interested in a 276 cX, I have one that’s sitting unused in a shelf.
I could be persuaded to allow it to find a new home.

mh

mh...

Neale Penman

May 25, 2021, 4:00:27 AM5/25/21
to overlan...@googlegroups.com

After Douw could I be second in line please?

Cheers

Neale

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/overland-forum/CAJeuKfOKbaK7sAEbRsLPnskihUE6EUJEq5PTRgUNG7JDzvOQgA%40mail.gmail.com.
--
Neale Penman | Confluence | Research driven strategy | 082 468 6766 | www.confluence.co.za

Douw Kruger

May 25, 2021, 12:38:52 PM5/25/21
to overland-forum
Mark I don't know how to contact you directly. I am interested. Dou...@gmail.com.

Douw

Merwe Erasmus

May 25, 2021, 12:48:04 PM5/25/21
to overland-forum

zak o'neil

May 28, 2021, 11:48:40 AM5/28/21
to 'Paul Venter' via overland-forum
Douw , I had the Montana 600, but it started to die mid track, losing data, so it landed up somewhere in the CKGR.  I replaced it with the 276cx, but it was worse than going back to the old Nokia brick phones!
I bought a 2769 and it works wonders. Use it every time I travel.  Use t4a on it as well.  Gave the 276cx to the guy who bought my landy
 The 2769 took me through Okavango, Caprivi, Kaokoland end deur SA op agter paaie, sonder 'n hitch
Zak

Geoff Hill

May 28, 2021, 4:21:34 PM5/28/21
to overlan...@googlegroups.com

Googled 2769 but nothing came up

Peter Levey

May 29, 2021, 2:42:34 PM5/29/21
to overlan...@googlegroups.com
Yep, no such model that I can find

--
Peter Levey

Mike Nieuwoudt

Jun 1, 2021, 2:56:35 AM6/1/21
to overland-forum
Does 2769 refer to the MAX2769 GPS chipset?

Hennie Rautenbach

Jul 5, 2021, 1:22:06 PM7/5/21
to overlan...@googlegroups.com
Hi Zak - reviving an old thread. Do you have a pic of the GPS ? The 2769 you mention ?

Regards

Hennie Rautenbach

Jul 9, 2021, 6:53:31 AM7/9/21
to overlan...@googlegroups.com
Okay so Zalk is MIA. Could anyone else figure out which GPS he was referring to?

Regards