Kubu Island and Khama Rhino

Bruce Turner

Sep 7, 2021, 7:32:12 AM9/7/21
to overland-forum
Hi all,

Does anyone know the latest camping fees for the above please?

Are rand still not accepted or do I need to draw pula?

Thinking of doing an impromptu trip to Kubu and or Kukonje at the end of the month.

Thank you
Rgds
BruceT

grahambowring2

Sep 7, 2021, 4:30:34 PM9/7/21
to overlan...@googlegroups.com
For Kubu you can try:

Was Pula or US$ when I last visited but sadly that was 4 years ago...

Graham B

Neale Penman

Sep 8, 2021, 2:01:35 AM9/8/21
to overlan...@googlegroups.com

Hi Bruce

Remember to plan around the the Gauteng October public school break 1-11 Oct.

No need to join us who are still constricted by school holidays :)

Cheers

Neale

Bruce Turner

Sep 8, 2021, 4:46:37 AM9/8/21
to overlan...@googlegroups.com
Awesome. Thank you Graham and Neale.

Planning on leaving the 23rd or 24th and returning sometime the next week. No real plan and just winging it and will end up where ever I feel on the day. Maybe I will go left or right! :)
Was planning a solo trip but if anyone wants to join, you would be welcome but be prepared to end up anywhere in Bots.

Rgds
BruceT

grahambowring2

Sep 8, 2021, 5:09:35 AM9/8/21
to overlan...@googlegroups.com
Khama Rhino is a good first night stop enroute to Kubu.

I love Kubu, sort of spooky but truly gorgeous at sunrise / sunset.

They were talking about forcing campers off the island into a new campground a couple of km away. Has that rule been enacted?

Graham B

Sep 8, 2021, 5:12:43 AM9/8/21
to overlan...@googlegroups.com
Inquire on DriveBots on FB...

Bruce Turner

Sep 8, 2021, 5:45:07 AM9/8/21
to overlan...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Hennie. Will do.

Thank you Graham. If that’s the case I will head to Kukonje although I do prefer Kubu.
The advantage of traveling like this is I can pretty much go anywhere on a whim

Rgds
BruceT

Hannes Thirion

Sep 8, 2021, 7:48:54 AM9/8/21
to Overland Forum
Bruce,
I was at Kukonje and Kubu in July 2019.
See photo attached for Kukonje camp fees.
Kubu camping fees are on their website.
Regards,
Hannes Thirion

Kukonje_Julie 2019.jpg