[Outpost Eden] Ensign Rosalie Cartwright: Explosions and Holograms (Tag: Sterek)

Giselle Pearson

Aug 27, 2016, 5:09:40 AM8/27/16
to Outpost Eden
(( Corridor; Outpost Eden ))

KeH'Gan: Tamati, we will get you out of this as soon as we can defuse this device.

Virax: Yes Ensign Scott Mr KeH'Gan is correct. The good news is that as long as the lights are blinking the device will not  explode.

: Ensign Scott didn't react, almost as though he was in a trance.:

Burner: This is strange…

Sterek: My qualifications as a negotiator do not extend to explosive devices. All I can suggest is that we try to complete a more detailed scan of the device before attempting to transport either it or Ensign Scott out of range, but there may be a more optimal solution I am not aware of. Ensign Cartwright, what do your scans of the device show?

: Rosalie took a cautious step towards the explosive, crouching slightly and scanned it carefully.  A low whistle escaped her. :

Cartwright: It's a small yield, high, secondary chemical explosive.  There will only be a matter of seconds then the device is triggered before it detonates and when it does the chemical front will move faster than the speed of sound. : She looked up at Lt. Burner. :  If this thing is triggered we need to get undercover and fast.

Sterek: Mr Virax, can you provide any additional information about these devices?

Virax: Yes Ensign I can. There have been 4 devices exploded thru out the capitol over the last 3 months. The last was the worst it destroyed the Central library a week before my arrival here on Eden. 200 citizens including 80 school age children were killed and the library reduced to rubble.  Before this the other 3 devices were low yield and there was only structure damage with no casualties as all devices were detonated at night.  However 2 days before the library explosion the Central Armory outside the city was robbed of military grade explosives.  My investigation of the ruins of the Library was successful in recovering enough of the device to detect military grade explosives.  Less than 26hrs after the disaster We at Police HQ received a communique on the VidScreen that Vhir Sulla, "The True Romulan Way" were responsible for the Bomb at the Central Library and More were going to occur until the People saw the"light" and Join them in their crusade to make Romulus Great Again. Those Words were Spoken By One Ventok. The following day I went to my Chief and asked to Be assigned to Eden because we had an informant tell us that Ventok and a Vhir Sullla Death squad was going to Eden.

Sterek:?

: Ke'H'Gan facial ridges darkened,  he looked angry.:

KeH'Gan: Any Worthless Scum PaHTok that would Kill Children is Unworthy. To brutally murder for political terror. We will bring Ventok and all of them to justice. The cowards they are will be clear to all.

Burner: I understand, Ensign, but we must keep calm…

Virax: Yes indeed Ensign that is why I am here. The device we are looking at may contain the same components that destroyed the library. It is now up to the engineers to let us know what we are facing and then I may be able to give more information. However as long as the lights are blinking the bomb will not detonate.

Burner: Hey, this is not what it seems. Ensign Scott is…… : pause: Oh no!

: The lights suddenly went out on the flashing box.:

Burner: Everyone out!

 KeH’Gan: TAKE COVER!

Burner: It’s ok, Ensign Scott isn’t really there. That’s just a hologram.

: The box started bleeping.:

Burner: Quickly! Move move… :cough:  MOVE!

: The team exited as the bleeps turned into a whine, and then there was a deafening boom!  The smoke and dust billowed around them.:

Burner: Everyone alright?

 KeH’Gan: Yes LT I am uninjured

Virax: Yes Thanks to Ensign KeH'Gan.  I too am Uninjured LT. it seems this was one of the smaller yield devices meant to distract not destroy. I will know more if I may accompany your engineering team to examinie the device remnants.

Cartwright: :Pushing herself up off the floor.:  I'm okay.  :She glanced over herself.:  Yep, all fine.

Sterek: ?

Burner: It was a ruse, designed to make us work slow. Ensign Scott wasn’t there, but… he is somewhere, and tied up. We need to find him AND keep looking for the remaining nineteen bombs. This one wasn’t massive, but who know’s how big the next one is?

Virax: Indeed LT Burner we need to proceed with extreme  caution However I have  what you humans call "A Gut feeling" that if there are another 19 devices they will also only be small yield and not the more destructive military grade.  Vhir Sulla wants Eden Intact to use as A Base for executing more attacks on Romulus Prime and other Planets in our system.

KeH'Gan: LT I have very little training in explosive defusal just one class at the Academy. I trust the judgement of Ensign Sterek and Mr Virax along with Ensign Cartwright and her team. I will follow any instructions from any  of those officers. My only concern are these damn BioSuits they are restrictive to say the least,

Burner: Suggestions?

Virax: Yes perhaps we should divide into teams 2 security and one engineer with tricorders to check out all the Promenade. I would also recommend that we call back Beta shift Chief Maxwell and her team.

KeH'Gan: I concur with SubLt Virax, Lieutenant Sir. The Chief's team would be of great assistance.

Burner: See how we get on. I might need them to check the other levels.

: Katie then turned to the others.:

Burner: Ensign Sterek, do you have a way of checking for Mr Scott’s lifesigns? It seems my tricorder wasn’t able to detect him, or the lack of him, until right on top of him.

Sterek:?

Burner: Good point. Let me know how you get on. We need to act fast or next time we might not be so lucky.

Sterek:?

: Katie then moved over to Rosalie.:

Burner: Ensign Cartwright, can you develop a damper field to block any explosives while in situ? We have some readings from that last bomb. Can you extrapolate that data to locate the other bombs?

: Rosalie mulled it over, glancing down at the data on her tricoder.  Was it enough? :

Cartwright: It may take some time but :she hesitated: I can do it.

Burner: Very well, let me know what equipment you need.

Cartwright: I'll work it out and give you a list.

: As they moved out, Ensign KeH’Gan called out to Lt. Burner but by then Rosalie had all but stopped listening.  Leaning against the wall she stared, at the tricoder in her hand going over and over the data.  Sorting through what was useless, organising what was, trying to write a program which could locate the other bombs.:

KeH’Gan: Thank You SubLt. Virax. Now If we could only GET OUT of these biosuits we could get on with this!

: Katie rolled her eyes and turned to KeH’Gan.:

Burner: Ensign, keep that biosuit on, that’s an order. We cannot take any risks. Follow me!

KeH'Gan: Aye Sir Understood!

: Lt. Burner lead the way; Rosalie sparing only just enough concentration for her feet to keep her from walking into something, the rest was fixed on her tricoder.:

Burner: Ensign Cartwright, how’s the bomb detection going?

: The sound of her name cut though Rosalie's thoughts like a sudden knife stroke.  She looked up.:

Cartwright: I don't have enough data to locate them outright from here, but I'll be able to detect any within a 30 metre radius of us.

 Burner: Thanks. Ensign Sterek, any luck with location Ensign Scott?

Sterek: ?

: Katie nodded.:

Burner: I see. Ensign KeH’Gan, have you detected any further hijackers? I hope those two were all we have to face…

KeH'Gan :No Sir No other readings that point to other terrorists.

Ensign Rosalie Cartwright
Engeneering Officer; Outpost Eden