The Odysse

Raven

Aug 28, 2009, 11:06:34 PM8/28/09
to our...@googlegroups.com
Hey People,

Raven here. It's been an EPIC and LONG journey home, but I'm here.! Yay.

I will stake out some land tomorrow and let you know what I come with.

There's been a bit of a snafuu! My wallet with $300 + has gone
missing, I'm a bit stressed about that. $120 of that was the evap pond
money, soooooo At present I'm FUCKED!
I'm not gonna let it spoil my arrival, but that means that ....

A) Mike I'll need that 50 bucks ASAP and
B) If anyone has cash bring it cuz, I have no ID, NO Credit Card and No Cash.
I'll have to deal with the logistics upon returning home.

I'm hoping my wallet will be floating around the tour bus or in my
stuff, but at present, it's MIA and there's a high probability that it
won't resurface. SORRY.

Aside from that small thorn, everything is fantastic and I will check
in either tomorrow or sunday with the coordinates.

Peace Out Bitches!

On 8/28/09, Juanma Evaristo <jua...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi freeradicals!!
>
> Times flies and BM is just in 3 days... OMFG...!
>
> Well, I send this email for 2 reasons:
>
> 1.- It would be nice that you post your comments before to go to BM in
> freeradicals2009.com (the 'memento' would be much better with comments
> before and after burningman). Even some pictures about meetings would
> be nice
>
> 2.- anybody have a sheet or anything that I could use to cover Ori's
> car? or any idea where I could get one?
>
> See you soon!!!!
>
> p.s.: tomorrow is the pre-burning dinner/party, right?

Brittany Schwartz

Aug 29, 2009, 3:27:27 PM8/29/09
to our...@googlegroups.com, our...@googlegroups.com
Raven! I'm soooo sorry! Shit that sucks. I just KNOW tht your wallet
will be returned to you...Until then don't worry The Free Radicals
have your back:)
Can hardly wait to b there with you...
Xo,
Bloux

Sent from my iPhone

Fredo Lua

Aug 29, 2009, 8:27:59 PM8/29/09
to our...@googlegroups.com
Ouuuuuuch!!!! We got cha girl. Don't even trip! Let me know if you
need anuything before we depart! Xo!!!

Fredo Lua
415.298.7538

Sent from my Phone

On Aug 29, 2009, at 12:27 PM, Brittany Schwartz <britt...@gmail.com>

devine....@gmail.com

Aug 29, 2009, 10:29:18 PM8/29/09
to our...@googlegroups.com
Ohhhh my gosh... We've got you... I am up north so just let me know if you need anything as well...beso dev
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

Aug 30, 2009, 3:00:07 PM8/30/09
to our...@googlegroups.com
You Guys are all so FUCKING RAD! Yeah, at 1st there was a twinge of panic, but at the end of the day, things could be much worse.

So here's the deal with placement.
I have to wait until 12:01 am before I can attempt to put stakes in the ground anywhere there are blue flags and any location between A-C.  Clearly where we were placed last year is wide open, but I know you stated a preference for the area, which currently, unavailable.

Also, because I don't have any of the "camp stuff" to put in a location, it makes it a little more difficult.  I'd like some feedback from you with regard to what your flexibility is with regard to location. Most of the spots that aren't for theme camps between A and E are taken and there isn't enough space to house the parachute. So, I can either stake something down further back without any hassles, or wait til tomorrow morning to see what I can secure.

Also, there IS full on cell service, so you can call me when you are getting close and we work out a spot.

Let me know.

The playa is in good condition, the evenings have been fabulous, but there have been a few short-lived white outs. The winds are active and have been blowing up to 45 mph.

Peace

Brigid O'Neil

Aug 30, 2009, 3:33:45 PM8/30/09
to our...@googlegroups.com
RAVEN:
Hey girl, one- thanks for rocking this. Since we're all waiting to hear back on placement to tell our friends, community, etc. - it's better that we move down one block (to E or so) so we can secure placement before tomorrow. Since we were shooting for 6:30 & C/D anyway - see if anywhere around 6:30 and E is available..
Damn, I can't believe they reserved as far back as E. Let me know how it looks on the ground... I think we should also do our trick from last year, and put up a sign @ an intersection (let's say 6:30 and C) that has the *exact* coordinates of our camp. I'll shoot out an email to people to look for the sign.. might be easiest so we're not stuck in BFE.
Also, Devine is already at the playa - have you guys hooked up? Call me if you want to work out the particulars... (just tried your cell.)

EVERYONE:
Last minute reminders before we head out - tomorrow!
* Monday night is our "team meal" - so don't forget to bring some goods to share with the crew -this should be good eating.
* Mike & Calder (our set-up leaders) have set-up on lock-down, so all will go smoothly Tuesday morning. Raven & I are starting strike work Sunday morning - so be prepared to ass-kick the morning after the burn!
* RV/car posse leaving tomorrow morning:: arrive at Mike's by 10:30AM SHARP!! Late-comers, read that: "10am" :)

See y'all soon!!
XO Brig

From: Raven
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2009 12:00:07 -0700
To: <our...@googlegroups.com>

Fredo Lua

Aug 30, 2009, 6:23:01 PM8/30/09
to our...@googlegroups.com, our...@googlegroups.com
I would say that at this point it's first come first serve. So just go with the best spot that you find for us. I more than trust your judgement and I'm sure the rest of us think the same. Go for it! :)

Fredo Lua

Sent from my Phone

Raven

Aug 31, 2009, 3:38:54 AM8/31/09
to our...@googlegroups.com
Ok. I'm going to shoot for 6:30 between D & E. I'll be more specific and will provide landmarks once it's light out. Since the spots just opened up, I'm just going to set up 1st thing in the morning.

Remember there is cell phone coverage, so what I will do is set up in the morning and email around 10am. So check your emails, call or simply just send me a text .

What to look for:

(6) 6 foot stakes around the perimeter that are roped off. I have black and white checkered flags. I will also outline the perimeter with the solar lights.

FYI. My current address is at 6:15 and Esplanad. I'm chillin at the Artery Camp.

It's fucking AMAZING out here!

SQUAWK!