As you know, the rates we quote on lowphonerates.co.uk
are based on making calls from a BT home phone: these 0844 access numbers (etc.) may cost considerably more if you call them directly from a mobile phone.
However, if the blurb is correct, it may be that you could use the BT SmatTalk app instead to call our 0844 access numbers at the same rates as if you were calling from home.
Quoting from BT's pagehttp://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/40735/~/how-does-the-bt-smarttalk-app-work-and-what-are-the-benefits%3F
How does the BT SmartTalk app work and what are the benefits?
The BT SmartTalk app uses wi-fi or mobile data connections to make calls which are then charged to the registered BT account holder. Any calls made using the app will cost the same as calls from your home phone, using your BT calling plan rather than using mobile rates or minutes.
This means you can benefit from much better rates for certain calls.
We hope that this is really as good as it looks!
Have you tried this app? Have you been charged the correct amount for calls to 0844 access numbers?
Best wishes from ourfavouritecompanies.com
Help your friends and family to save money by forwarding this message to them!
Please note the following
- Where we quote callthrough rates, we believe (based on the web pages of the companies we list) that calls are charged at the indicated rate (in pence per minute) from a BT residential line.
- BT apply a call set-up fee of up to 15 pence (at the time of writing) for each chargeable call made.
- Other network operators' charges may vary.
- You can check rates from BT landlines using BT's document
Prices for calls to Specialised Numbers from BT Residential Fixed Lines
- You must have the bill-payer's permission before using any of the services or callthrough access numbers listed on our pages.