quick update . . . and job opportunity

Dale Neufeld

Aug 10, 2009, 10:27:01 PM8/10/09
to ottsec
Hey list,

Time to tie-up some loose ends . . .

1. Back on July 6 Karim gave a great presentation highlighting the
dangers of third-party applications on mobile devices. You can find
the slides here:

http://groups.google.com/group/ottsec/files

2. If you know anyone relatively new to the infosec field or looking
to break into infosec we have an immediate opening at Protus. Check
the details here:

http://www.protus.com/careers/opportunities.asp?id=112

If you're interested you can skip the online resume submission and
email Myles Martin, our recruiter, directly (mma...@protus.com). Let
him know I sent you.

3. We're finalizing the details for our August meetup, which is
tentatively scheduled for Monday August 24. If the weather cooperates
we'll try to get a spot on the patio. Rather then a formal
presentation we'll just have a round table discussion on current
topics and tools. Maybe someone can provide a blackhat or defcon
debrief. We'll also talk about plans for our fall meetups.

stay tuned!

-Dale Neufeld