Looking for example Vagrant customization for rails with npm

j...@saturnflyer.com

Feb 2, 2016, 9:56:15 AM2/2/16
to Otto
I'm attempting to boot up a new project on otto and I think what I need to do is provide custom vagrant configuration.

For example, this rails project uses npm to manage JS dependencies and has a custom "npm start" command to boot the app.
When I compile and build the dev environment in otto and then ssh to the vagrant box, I don't have the "npm" command available.
I assume that I need to provide a dev_vagrantfile option in my customization but it doesn't seem to be installing npm for me.

I'm new to setting up both otto and vagrant.

Here's what I've got

Appfile:
application {
    name
= "app"
}
customization
{
 dev_vagrantfile
= "ottofiles/dev/Vagrantfile"
}

ottofiles/dev/Vagrantfie:
Vagrant.configure("2") do |config|
  config
.vm.provision "shell" do |s|
.path "provision/setup.sh"

end
end

ottofiles/dev/provision/setup.sh
#!/bin/bash
echo
"Installing npm"
apt
-get install npm

Can someone tell me where I've gone wrong?