'/search' method mindate/maxdate constraints not working?

Shannon Burns

Jul 22, 2013, 4:06:37 PM7/22/13
to otte...@googlegroups.com
I've had a program for a while now that used the /search method to query for tweets that were written between two certain dates, and the mindate/maxdate optional parameters for this method used to work. In the last couple weeks though, I've noticed that the tweets I get in my JSON response are from seemingly random dates and not from the specified date range. Even when I do a basic request in my browser's url bar with the mindate/maxdate specifications, the tweet dates are all over the place. Anyone know what's going on, and how I can get back to specified dates?

Vipul Ved Prakash

Jul 30, 2013, 2:49:30 PM7/30/13
to otte...@googlegroups.com
Shannon,

Can you post a query that returns out of range results?

cheers,
vipul

Burns, Shannon

Jul 30, 2013, 4:09:23 PM7/30/13
to otte...@googlegroups.com
Hi Vipul,

thanks for trying to help, but someone already found my bug a week ago. Thanks for reminding me about this thread though, I'll go update it so that it says the problem is solved.

--

---

Shannon Burns

Jul 30, 2013, 4:12:30 PM7/30/13
to otte...@googlegroups.com
Found the bug, somewhere along the line I changed the parameter name. It should be "mintime/maxtime" rather than mindate and maxdate. Thanks for your help you guys.