Terms of Service Change In 30 days: API key will be required.

Jason Toffaletti

Aug 30, 2012, 3:17:08 PM8/30/12
to otte...@googlegroups.com

Dear Users,

We have changed our terms of service and now only offer our API for free with a registered API key. While we see the value in offering a free option, it's become untenable due to spam and abuse and as such we'll be shutting down the free open access in 30 days.

Mike More

Aug 30, 2012, 3:49:44 PM8/30/12
to otte...@googlegroups.com
Couldn't you just block the abusive IP instead of forcing everybody to use API key which will result in much less API hits than before..?!

Mike More
www.moretechtips.net

Jason Toffaletti

Aug 30, 2012, 4:06:20 PM8/30/12
to otte...@googlegroups.com
Unfortunately no, the abusers have taken to using cloud services and bot nets. We would be banning all of Amazon S3 for example.