Re: What type of authentication is being used?

Jason Toffaletti

Jan 24, 2013, 2:56:31 AM1/24/13
to otte...@googlegroups.com
Otter does not use basic auth.

The API key is provided as a query parameter or in the X-RateLimit-Key header. See:

http://code.google.com/p/otterapi/wiki/Resources#apikey

On Wednesday, January 23, 2013 8:31:37 PM UTC-8, Brandon Devine wrote:
Hi,

I know that the API key usage is now in effect. I am, and have been since before the key usage was finally implemented, using the Python library Requests. I was having no problem with something like:

requests.get('http://otter.topsy.com', auth=('name', key'))

Now, I issue that and still get a 200 response, but any further calls give a 403. I have been assuming that basic auth was/is being used -- am I wrong? If not, does anyone have any light to shed on this?

Thanks,

Brandon

Brandon Devine

Jan 29, 2013, 1:54:59 PM1/29/13
to otte...@googlegroups.com
Ah - in other words, the request.get() that I described never was effective. I see. Thank you!